I'm SO sorry
I know I know, I promised not to blog too much... BUT NOW I AM STILL BLOGGING!
Eww. No self control, no resistance to temptations.
I don't care, I shall limit my blogging to
twice a week at most from now on till end of EOIs at week 6. I SWEAR.
So anyway. Yesterday we had assembly in the hall instead of the parade square in the morning, and guess what the assembly was about?
"You know for the last assembly we had a poetry performance and we made up a poem about a girl? Well, the girl's feeling hurt now because you called her father a jerk and also about the "thongs" part (if you are feeling confused, refer
here to the performance part, where we made up the funny poem). If you realize, "jerk" is actually a vulgarity that is being used more and more commonly blah blah blah..."
In summary, the girl feels so HURT that we made up a funny poem about her, and the teacher spent the whole assembly lecturing us about that, and even ASKED us to write a note to her to apologize. As in not compulsory, but encouraged.
So, here is the not-so-subtle note I have:
"Dear Michelle,
I'm so sorry we made up that poem about you. We thought you could take a joke, but apparantly you can't. I'm so sorry for making up that poem, and I'm also very sorry for your lack of a sense of humour."
Of course it wasn't going to her. It's HYPOETHICAL. But I actually wanted to write a note to her that conveys
sarcasm without letting the teacher know, and Zhi Hua and I decided that that was too obvious for it. So I got started on another one:
"Dear Michelle,
I'm so sorry we made up that poem about you. We meant it as a joke, and we didn't realize you would take it so seriously. We're SO sorry that you didn't take it the same way that we did, and we sincerely apologize for HURTING your feelings."
Is that too subtle? I think it is... Don't think she can see the hidden message inside. Hah.
So she's feeling hurt huh? BET SHE COMPLAINED. She got so HURT that she complained.
The situation in which Michelle goes up to Mrs Michelle Ng and starts sobbing away, brought by her sympathetic friend of course... "*sob sob* (crying too much to talk)"
Her friend: "Mrs Ng, I think it was very
mean of the sec 2 population to make up that poem about her when she had volunteered for that poem thing. Michelle's feeling hurt that her father's being called a jerk, cos she
loves her father so much. And I don't think it's right for the sec 2 population for making up that part about her "ripping her throngs"."
Her: "*sniffs* The sec 2 population is
SO mean! I
HATE them! My father's NOT a jerk! *sniffs* How can they call my father a jerk? *sniffs* And I think it was so
MEAN of them to make up that part of me *sniffs* about the throngs... *breaks down into tears*"
I'm SO sorry, poor Michelle, for your lack of a sense of humour, which is, to me, the hugest deprivation one can have.
5 more weeks till the end of my sufferings...
And Monday's my orals. Wish me lots and lots of good luck, for I have this feeling that I'm gonna need it.
I'm so sorry. I know there's no excuse for what I wrote on my private blog. I only hope that u'll forgive me. I know it's too much to hope for, but I hope we can go back to the way we were last time. I'm so sorry. I wish i could take back my words, but it's too late.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, September 17
12:31 PM