TIME DOESN'T EXIST WHEN YOU DON'T LOOK AT IT
You know the philosophy theory which says that things are only real because you perceive them? I think it applies for time! For example, if you stare at your clock, there seems to be such a thing as time which goes on rhythmatically. Get occupied doing something else, and hey presto! WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR CLOCK ALL THE TIME JUST MIRACULOUSLY DISAPPEARED. Someone stoled it, or it didn't exist in the first place! -pats my shoulder for a job well done-

Anyway I was wondering, can someone explain to me what the heck is "most artistically perfect of his/her works"? I think virginia woolf once said jane austen was the most artistically perfect female prose writer or something to that effect, and the other day I was at the library there was this book which said some short story was "probably the most artistically perfect of his works". I mean, does artistically perfect means having some sort of symmetry? Just the right amount of wit, suspense and irony? What is the right amount??

For the random updates on my life:

#1. I HAVE AN ADORABLE MOUSE THAT IS MEANT TO BE MICROWAVED IN TIMES OF CRAMPS TO KEEP MY TUMMY WARM. HE COMES FROM UK AND IS NAMED PINGPANG AFTER THE PERSON WHO BOUGHT IT. IT IS PINK AND COMFORTINGLY HEAVY. Except that I don't have the habit of hugging anything to sleep so it gets kicked off my bed. Awww.

#2. This is quite long ago but it is so cute I have to upload it:



COMPARE AND CONTRAST:



I THINK THE RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY

#3. Can Noah's ark ever be true/Can the whole world of animals ever come from just a pair each??

Well maybe Bacteria/Virus X hasn't come to extinguish the whole lot of us yet, that is why we believe we have Diversity. Believe me, we tried all sorts of theories including cross species sex to explain the possibility of coming from a pair of animals. Which leads me to the next point:

#4. The Human Race Will Become Extinct By A Biobomb Created By Themselves (Not Global Warming)

See, this is an utterly valid theory. First of all, we notice that Fate especially enjoys ironies, like any lit student. We also realize that humans are astoundingly proud of their intellect and their superiority over the whole animal web. Put these two observations together, and the answer to What We Would End By seems so simple: A VIRUS CREATED BY OURSELVES! As I was telling yoggi and pang, that would be the greatest irony of all-- getting killed by something that was created by our oh-so-wonderful intellect! And the reason for this inspiration comes from the next point:

#5. There are three worlds, one of the living, one of the dead who are not yet forgotten by the living, and the last of the dead (ie all who remember him personally are dead)

This comes from a book I just finished reading, The Brief History of the Dead. I think the idea is damn cool okay! Imagine a world where all the people whom we are grieving for are alive, going about their movements and interacting with each other. Imagine being the last one alive (which is what happens in that book) and having all the people you know or just vaguely see on the streets in one world (sort of like a very efficient facebook). Your ex lover, your grandfather, the beggar down the street, your boss all in one place. The only thing they have in common is you. How will they interact? Okay I think I just provided a summary of the book but it's such a new theory I haven't thought about! A bit like afterlife but modified.

Sudana laughs at me for being afraid of death. Damn.


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, August 16 10:34 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling