Confidant, confidante, and the sad fates of leonard and pang
Okay I was getting pretty amused by the different pronunciations:

Isn't it funny that CONFIDANT is pronounced as confidant while CONFIDANTE (the female version apparently) is pronounced as confidante I MEAN WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE DIFFERENT EMPHASIS! Like uh emphasizing on the last syllable gives a more feminine sound? Like a trail-off effect? While emphasizing on the first syllable gives a stronger effect (and therefore more "masculine"?) OKAY DON'T MIND ME

Anyway like they say, there are always new things to be experienced in life and I ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE BROKEN MY OWN PERSONAL RECORD OF KBOXING-- TWICE IN FIVE DAYS, BEAT THAT!

Yesterday pang and leonard were quite amusing, they waited two hours for me to finish watching the TSD performance (more about that later) so that they can go some salon near my house which apparently charges three bucks for a haircut. What happened was, me being me had no idea such a place existed so I brought them to the only salon I know near my house. Except that at that exact moment we stepped outside the salon, the hairdresser stepped out of the salon having just shut it for the day. Uh. So I led them to the market to the place I normally cut my hair, and written in marker ink on the locked metal doors was: CLOSED ON TUESDAYS.

Desperation threatened to overwhelm us with its potent waves. We trawled the place hoping for some salvation. At our most hopeless moments Ruiyong was not there to pick up his phone and tell us where the hell this miracle salon was. Defeat was in every step we took. Was this trip really going to be fruitless after such anticipation?

BUT WAIT, there was a salon right ahead! Gingerly we stepped inside. Smoke floated into our nostrils, origins unknown. Because pang and leonard were at their lowest point of desperation they had to make do, and guess how much the salon charged:

TEN BUCKS.

Well I did tell them they should have gone home first to cut at pasir ris. Or go to the salon near sudana's house. I felt such pity for them I offered my house for after their haircut and even volunteered to cook noodles for them. Unfortunately my kind offer wasn't taken and they only ended up reaching home at 8 plus. SUCH SAD PEOPLE THEY ARE.

Anyway TSD rehearsals were quite fabulous :D MY FAVOURITE WAS NABIL AND YIKAI'S MUSICAL AND NOT BECAUSE THEY KISSED ON THE LIPS -glares at anyone who dares say otherwise- OH YEAH AND I LIKED THE SIAMESE TWINS ONE TOOOO. Nabil and Yikai sang a musical complete with exaggerated flourishing and it was hilarious. The kiss at the back was rather abrupt though like what someone commented; everyone expected it to end on that note and they suddenly did some weird jerking thing and planted their lips on each other's. But Mr Lyon is seriously a damn cool teacher, he demonstrated how to do the lead-up to the kiss all the while holding the note perfectly 0.o

Gan's play was fascinating because it had a BIG SCARY TALKING WARDROBE with a clothes thingum on top that looked like a face and an arm that was made up of a broomstick. My favourite part's the praying mantis catching the butterfly, IT WAS WRITTEN TOTALLY IN THE GAN STYLE HAHA. I found the characterization of the mum and the maid rather typical though because it seems that every mum is a bossy unreasonable mdm while every maid is a meek, mistreated woman who doesn't dare speak out. Speaking of which I just read that characterization in suchen christin lim's prose in CAP's Roots and Wings! Still like the puppets anyway, although I was in rather much of a rush to go off by then seeing that the two poor guys above were held up by me. What a blessed girl I am, imagine making two guys wait for you for two hours :D


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Wednesday, July 8 10:53 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling