ALL THE AQUARIUSES
What a flurry of days!
First there was pang's birthday of which I reached yoggi's house THE EARLIEST even though I was on time and waited for an hour or two before the birthday boy himself arrived. It looked set to be a disaster because we had a lack of people for even mahjong but soon turned out to be a roaring success due to
1. Undiscovered talent in bowling
2. Undiscovered humility in bowling
3. Undiscovered talent in hacking the bowling system
4. Undiscovered talent in para para
5. Nonexistent talent in para para
With my feet squeezed inside the bowling shoes with yoggi's thick long woolen socks all ready for winterland, I made the amazing improvement of 700% from my p6 bowling score! If that is not an undiscovered talent what is! Someone should award me a medal for greatest improvement! My P6 crush should have seen that amazing feat made 6 years too late! ...okay fine I admit the improved score isn't any great either BUT EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE, YOU KNOW?
Pang made a disclaimer before he started: "I don't think I can even hit a double digit score..." He picked up the ball, strode on to the mouth of the bowling alley and powered his ball towards the ten trembling pins. The gutter yawned invitingly. We trained our eyes on the wobbling ball. The ten pins formed a unpentratable fortress named Fort Canning. The Japanese attacked from the causeway instead. And poof it became coco crunch.
I must have enamated an aura of stealth which spread to my ball, rendering it invisible to the mighty forces of the bowling alley. This ability enabled my ball to look like a lost cat instead of a hungry panther, causing the sympathetic forces to return my ball without registering the attack. As a result I got two strikes when there were none, one of which there was not even a single pin for me to hit and the ball decided to veer off the gutter due to the discouraging sight.
Yoggi showed us his drumming talents when he demonstrated his drumming skills at the para para machine. Pretending that the sensors were drums, he knocked at them with the calmness of a professional drummer, passing all three successive stages. And hence a new star is born.
On the other hand, no such talent was found in the stabbing maniac otherwise called pang. The vengence at which he attacked the sensors was unparalleled. Needless to say the parapara machine was not amused at his violence and failed him for two stages out of the three he tried. Yes, para para machines have fragile feelings as well.
We were joined by Sihui and Hiutung later, following which we had a black spider for our dinner, it being the most intriguing item on the menu.
---
Zhihua's birthday had us paying big bucks to borrow a couple of mikes and sing our throats hoarse at the place for highway robbery otherwise termed kbox. Choosing all variety of songs we always hoped to sing (such as the ever-so-memorable My Heart Will Go On~, sang with much emotion by zhihua and me as we ogled at the video of Jack Dawson and Rose, sex scene in the car included) I was all the while crossing my fingers at the possiblity of those scary waiters and bill-collecters asking us to stop singing high-pitched songs (ahem All I Ask Of You and ting1 hai3~) and thankfully no such thing happened. Nor were we provided with wineglasses. No, we did not zao3 xia1 at all. Though being off-key is another matter.
Later we went on to purchase The Time Traveller's Wife for Zhi Hua, lingering
very long at borders as only we can being impressed over the titles at the Romance section. Are you looking for witty one-liners which can describe a full 400 pages in just three or four words? Have you spent hours puzzling over your summaries? Fret not, the romance section is here to tutor you in this formidable art!



My camera flash evidently loved the abs too, it beamed at the book with such happiness.

"I loved it tooooo~" --Zimbabwe president, referring to his note of one-hundred-trillion dollars.
Being devoid of entertainment after our long borders trip, we decided to venture to Rita's house to explore her store of gaming devices, namely, all gaming devices that have been invented since three years ago. PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii, PSP, DDR, you name it, she has it. Deciding to see if there are any other undiscovered talents I possess I decided to try my hand at Guitar Hero. Let's just say that I never knew playing the guitar was such an exhausting art. Also, my undiscovered talent reared its head after three tries. Although of course this talent has not been tried at songs beyond the first section of EASY before I decided that the discovery of this talent ends then.
Then I attacked the Dance Dance Revolution mat with as much eagerness and faith in more undiscovered talents. Needless to say there was a natural flair and aptitude after the first three tries and I started passing the stages at BEGINNER. This flair has not emerged for the LIGHT stage yet, but I'm sure that with more training (einstein says, success is 99% hard work and 1% genius so with the discovery of that 1% I can now proceed for the other 99%) I would soon grow to be as elite as austin. Except Rita says he looks like a convoluted chicken when he does DDR.
Zhi Hua had no such faith in her undiscovered talents and thus took a longer time before they dared to show their shy faces. However she protested about her aching muscles (though her last PE session was on tuesday) and did not try too hard at DDR. This meant that she could not be a convoluted chicken like austin.
Manual of life-saving tips: 1. It is always good to be the one holding the camera. MY CAMERA IS MIGHTIER THAN YOUR PEN.
And today it is thomas's birthday! There must be an opportunity of some sort for him to look like a convoluted chicken or a violent maniac. We need to unveil this opportunity someday!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Tuesday, January 27
1:31 AM