GODLIKE VEGETARIAN VAMPIRES
Internship has been a blast! I came on the first day, dressed up so prim and properly (well actually not that prim and properly since I had my jeans) and all ready to do filing, bringing coffee and the like, when my concept of internships hit a new high-- there is nothing to do!
This is why they say that WHEN YOU THINK YOU KNOW LIFE, LIFE GIVES YOU A SURPRISE. Like that time I was enjoying my peace and quiet outside watermelon steps and thinking how nice life is with such peaceful moments when lo and behold, you know what happened. (well if you don't you can ask me)
ANYWAY. One huge economics concept I've learnt at this certain internship:
Law Of Diminishing Marginal Returns: in the short run, when capital is limited, there comes a point where more manpower leads to inefficiency.
Therefore, I must admit that these five days have been five very happy days for us. We spent these five days doing four things:
1. Playing Bridge
2. Playing Daidi
3. Decorating the bulletin board with album covers
4. Going for lunch and frequenting all the fastfood restaurants at paya lebar MRT
Mon dieu, I never knew the working life was such a blast.
---
Malaysia was same old, same old. I firmly refused to use toilets that do not consist of toilet paper except when desperate, and the most maddening toilets are those which charge money for your entry (man, your bodily functions require money to be performed now) and do not have toilets that are worthy of the money. I mean, there were those fabulous toilets which had such a marvellous layout AND TOILET PAPER (I emphasize on the need for toilet paper) and they were free of charge. And then there were those dirty, stinky toilets WITHOUT TOILET PAPER which required 20 or 30 sen. Where is the justice in this world?
The most hilarious toilet I must award to the one in Langkawi. It required 30sen for entry, and we had tickets after paying. Like it was a mini movie we were watching. Maybe it was an installation art where you squat at the toilet hole and fume at the lack of toilet paper (hey, all installation art aims for is 1. a reaction, and 2. a lingering impression and I must say, this toilet fulfilled both. Therefore it is an installation art and I hereby name it The Lair of the Mattress and auction it for 50 million US dollars.)
Toilets aside, I'm glad to say that the shopping centres we frequented this time exhibited less smoke and therefore I am happy.
Talking about smoke, the kboxing session yesterday consisted quite some amount of it. Some idiot decided to smoke in a room near us and I must say, it is hard to sing when trying to hold your breath. Or when you have yoggi's jacket in front of your nose so as to take a breath that is not choking with smoke.
I swear smoke shrinks my brainsize. The headache I got totally felt like my brain was pulling away from my skull. Or maybe that wasn't due to the smoke, maybe that was due to pang and yoggi's falsetto abilities during HUO4 YUAN2 JIA3 which caused such resonance with my brain it vibrated violently for a few hours.
Did I mention how Hiutung and I ursurped all the guys' wealth through poker :D well not that there was actual money, we actually used another deck of cards as our chips. Pang insisted that I was bluffing all the way and thus lost all his chips to me. Yoggi underwent a 180degree change from ALL-IN all the time at
y8 poker to FOLD FOLD FOLD but that didn't help him much from bankrupting in the end. Leonard gambled his stocks and reaped it handsomely for one round when he got FOUR-OF-A-KIND (omg gasp I have never gotten four of a kind!!!!!) but lost it anyway. Thus proving all three guys are lousy poker players and that I should never listen to yoggi's advice during Y8 poker (look where that got me). Hiutung just learnt the game and accumulated the most wealth at the end!
Anyway, Zhihua and I are going to WATCH TWILIGHT and are prepared to swoon and faint over OMG, THE EPITOME OF PERFECTION?! edward cullen. If we don't burst out laughing first. But there's CEDRIC DIGGORY!!!! HEART HEART HEART so I guess it makes up for everything!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, November 23
1:18 PM