As they say in chinese,
I have decided to silver water silk source, and thank all my math teachers, all the way up from secondary-- jason ng with his lame actions and jokes (omg I still remember him flapping his arms demonstrating a bird), jteo with his blurness, funniness and pmsyness, mr teo with his humour and good naturedness and the other two math lecturers as well, mr tay and the female teacher whose name I don't know.

I mean, it only takes a comparison to the science teachers to make you realize how awesome your math teachers have been! (or at least, my math teachers) Except for francis chong, I can say that I haven't been listening to physics lectures (fine i admit gabriel tan's lecture was okay too) and that physics lecturers are just so-- cold, humourless, disinterested. At least, that's the feeling they give me. I mean, I think I am intelligent enough to read through physics notes you know, so maybe you shouldn't be reading off them. And seeing that the material is so dry maybe you should attempt to make it more lively. Or maybe they all think that the material is so superbly interesting that they don't need to do anything to it. Hmm. That's quite disturbing.

The least you can do is to come out with stuff to help us memorise/apply better. I mean I know it's quite hard for such left-brained individuals to be interesting, but maybe you can emulate our fabulous math teachers who teach a left brained subject but are so right brained in their approach! It's called the TARGET AUDIENCE approach seeing that they face a lecture bunch of arts/doubles people and they know what to do with us :D

Therefore, thank you to the math lecturers who are all so adorable. I was randomly flipping my math booklet today when I saw the +) and -( faces and it makes me feel so fuzzy that mr tay spent effort coming out with this to let us remember better, and it really takes a reflection and comparison to make you appreciate them more.

---

Lit week being just over, I would like to thank my cast+crew as well for working so hard, for coming down for our regular rehearsals and qcs, for memorising scripts so quickly and for having lots of fun together even though when we recruited you you weren't obliged to agree; and thank you to leeqi as well for coming down to all the rehearsals but ultimately and very unfortunately not being able to make it because of swimming competitions. And of course, my co-director kevy who has been fabulous in getting everyone down, supporting everyone and then taking the role as retarded child in such a short time and making such a wonderful job out of it.

I admit I was super stressed over lit week, with all that stress culminating on the day of the lit fest itself because I was in charge of bazaar, costume ball and playlet all at once. The audience's lack of respect during alice itself made me so frustrated that I wanted to scream at them over the mike because of all the unappreciated effort my cast was putting in; I know it's not a play in a formal setting of a theatre but the least you can do is keep quiet to enjoy the play. Before that the econs teacher had already depressed me with her "I think passes are easier to count" and "your class is weaker than my other classes" so I wasn't in a very good mood already. And then the bazaar, I had almost given up on that because it just seemed so futile. The only funny thing was me being announced second for the poetry competition thing (I bet cause no one tried) and myself not even hearing it because I was so busy over bazaar, and had to be called over by ms lye.

But all in all, I'm quite happy that it's over and that our last performance was relatively relaxed and fun because we just didn't care anymore; just went ahead to have fun. Not to mention catching salomé at last (yes, with the accent HAHA) at the expense of ponning lit but every second being worth it, and catching jekyll & hyde as well as oliver twist. Sadly I didn't manage to watch Sherlock Holmes, but ohwell it was a fantastic array of plays already. And of course the wonderful interest-arousing advertisements, an incredible looking glass house with informative tours, a hilarious mad tea party (especially kenneth's cross dressing and the last part with auyong's very wrong stunts) and damn great stocks from the old curiousity shop. Even though the mainstream didn't support us that much, I'm still very touched at all the effort put in by everyone whether lit-ers or not-- lit week has been great.

MERCI BEAUCOUP, TOUT LE MONDE!


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, July 5 11:23 AM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling