Our enriching CIP on thursday
Choa Chu Kang is a place at the opposite end of the universe, beyond milky way and past a billion suns. It is a place no one* wants to go, especially when your travel time takes a trillion light years. It is a place no one seriously wants to go, especially when one is travelling so many gruelling years for CIP.
*no one, with reference to people in the east. Because Choa Chu Kang for no reason at all locates itself in the NORTH-west, as though west is not far away enough.
Being awaken by my all-noble subconscious who apparently insists that I go for CIP even though I forgot to set my alarm the last night (of which I slept at three plus), I opened my eyes blearily at eight and was just about to go back to sleep when I miraculously remembered that I had CIP today! And that there was no alarm! And that it looked quite bright! Because my conscience dedicated itself to community helping it refused to let me skip it entirely, and therefore without breakfast and everything I rushed out of the house trying to figure out the fastest way to the uluest place on earth.
Mistakenly thinking that our dear CCK was nearer to school than Jurong East, I decided to take bus to toa payoh and attack the place from the North-South line. However, after a flurry of smses with pang I quickly found out that my attempts at avoiding Kranji and co were all in vain because it turned out that I couldn't skip them from the North-South line. Therefore, sadly, I took about the same time to get there IF NOT MORE.
I really think we should include travel time in CIP. Especially if it takes up more time than your CIP itself.
But because we're such altruistic people just itching to do our part for the community, the seven of us, on such a bright happy holiday, trudged down to ACRES to do our small part for the community. Out of the seven of us, five of us happened to live in the East. ESPRAIN THIS ATROCITY.
What CIP consisted of:
-an insanely long walk from the bus stop just to get to the place itself-- as though CCK is not ulu enough from the east side of the country, it HAS to be tucked in more than 1km inside the uluest of uluest places.
- a delicious meal for the best of all creatures, our friendly mosquitoes! As a sacrificial offering to keep our country safe, etc and etc, my body is now itching all over from their kisses.
- the greatest of all lessons, sweeping the dear place up! Such community work really made me feel like I was doing a lot for our community. And of course, I learnt a lot!
- a huge dog which kept romping about. Everytime it got near Pang, he went "BUMBLYBOOBOO!" and ran away.
- a small dog which could only walk on three legs because its last leg was not functional. This was due to the fact that his mother was also his sister. Hi dad. I mean Grandpa. I mean Dad.
All in all, it was such a great opportunity given to us for us to help our community. I mean, whoever thought CIP was mercenary! They should be clobbed, whacked, smacked, etc.
2 flowers
2 Comments:
Hi! I feel your pain!
Haha I totally jumped when I saw "ACRES". The other day I went down (from Tampines) to deliver something, and conveniently neglected to bring a map or contact number. There was the ulu walk in, but the best was that their office wasn't listed -anywhere- on the directory so I searched a few storeys before finding them. -_- And the dog's still there! :O
which dog, the small one or the large one? Yeah our walk was peppered with lots of "ARE WE THERE YET" and we had to stop by NIKKON KOI FISH FARM to ask where on this vast earth it was. Ah. Anything for the good of community HAHA
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, June 15
2:49 AM