Zhixin zones zestily
AM JUST BACK FROM CAP AND AN ENTIRE WHIRLWIND OF FUNFUNFUN!

Shall I launch into a day by day analysis? Shall I leave you hanging in suspense? In summary these are the workshops I was in:
-poetry by cyril wong!
-prose by suchen christine lim!
-poetry slam by word forward!

and i wrote three pieces of prose i'm so-so satisfied with and no poetry i was happy with. I shall blame it on Cyril Wong's NO CLICHES (puts list down of all the pretty things in the world like stars, sunshine, roses and about everything else), NO ADJECTIVES, NO ADVERBS. Everyone then started getting brain block. Then again, it could be the spam of youtube videos we were watching during the break which included BENNY LAVA, THE MYSTERIOUS TICKING NOISE, GIRLY MAN, and some random condom advertisement.

"MY MUM SAID YES!" (boy says to everyone when he is caught driving a car, driving a plane, doing evul things to his friends)
"Mum, may I put the cat into the washing machine?" -boy asks outside the closed door of his mother's room
"YES! YES! YES!"

But hey, I've rediscovered a new purpose of youtube: listening to poets read their poetry!

And according to karliang, "you can tell whether a guy is gay by looking at the size of his shirts!"

Very unexpectedly my poetry slam group THE FIGHT CLUB won the poetry slam competition! I thought it would go to the maniac fan brigade or all the king's minions, who got a tie at second. It was soo surprising and we shared our chocolates with everyone!

I would show you all my cap photos, only the cable is now at my father's office so all the photos are caged inside the camera. ohwell, another day!

So. Now begins the listing of WHAT HAPPENED:

First day. Everyone stoning. Arrives at OG11 table (which happens to be the teacher's table because our table is unfortunately used for catering) to find everyone silent. Talk about HEALING SILENCE. Inquires, "Are we supposed to be getting to know each other?" only to get a reply from Xavier, "That is for Later." Got asked by Xavier if I was on drugs after a lot of laughing with austin and camilla.

You know the drill. OG games, and the OG gets to know each other! And even starts to like each other. Card playing after lunch dinner and about every other opportunity even as every other OG is madly playing the bottle game. This turned out to be detrimental because when they decided to have a bottle game competiton on the third day I turned out to be the only group member who knew how to do it. And I only learnt it on that day itself during poetry slam, thanks to the great yujia. Unsurprisingly, I was ousted at the first opportunity.

Then comes the plenary by Jill Dawson where she tells us about voice instead of plot, and literary sharing with Gan wowing the audience with his awesome reading of his MISS CLARE REMEMBERS. Good going, gan! Theatre studies skills in show here. Everyone was starry eyed after his reading and couldn't concentrate on the other pieces of work due to lack of performance. Well, me at least. Gan should have been last to read, tsk.

As you know I was in poetry slam workshop along with a bunch of fantastic people and over the five days we really bonded with each other, especially with all of us getting high during the time we were supposed to be reheasing, and gathering around choon yang while he sings DARE YOU TO MOVE by switchfoot while shrumming his guitar. All of us agree he's multitalented and very flexible because he can wave his body and arms superbly.

Our piece was titled, NOISE VS SILENCE and I was yes you guessed it-- N-N-NERVE WRACKING NOISE! Naomi and cleo were the sports reporters while yujia was Savage silence though everyone knows she isn't savage HAHA.

"I COULDN'T HEAR YOU YUJIA!"
"I was shouting at my loudest!"
"THAT WAS YOUR LOUDEST?!"

And she couldn't stop smiling throughout our rehearsals. Tsk, so much for savage.

Our poetry slam emcee was the dear SQUISHY aka geoffrey lim who read to everyone his FOYLE WINNING POEM DIGITAL LIFE. Besides that he really is very squishy indeed as his shirt back says.

Besides us there were five other great poetry slam groups as well, namely
THE CORONERS
THE ELEVATIERS
THE MANIAC FAN BRIGATE
THE STRANGERS
annnd ALL THE KING'S MINIONS!

Can't begin to describe the fun we had playing YEEHAH and going WHEN I SAY POETRY YOU SAY SLAM! POETRY SLAM! POETRY SLAM! POETRY SLAM!

Unlike Cyril Wong's workshop, the creative juices flowed much easier in suchen christine lim's, I think cause prose is so much less rigorous than poetry HAHA. Not that satisfied with my prose actually if I consider it on a poetry basis, there were lots of imagery I dumped in without a proper connection to anything else. Like you know for poetry I always like to have a sort of extended metaphor but some of the imagery in my prose were just there for being there. I think Gan noticed!

Because we celebrated gan's birthday on wednesday night (with daniel going "YO MAMA SO FAT, SHE GAVE BIRTH TO YOU!" followed by all of us rushing to gan's door holding pebbles from sky garden going "GAN, YOU ROCK!") I slept at one plus, which meant that I was yes, extremely sleepy on thursday. Needless to say I slept during the plenary and the forum. The forum was a no wonder, the writer took about five seconds for each word. As imitated very appropriately by some guy during dinner later,

"I... wrote... my... prose-poetry... because... if... I... wrote.... a... novel, I... would... DIE... before.... I... finish... it!"

I didn't exactly sleep in a very subtle manner as you can see. Obviously I'm a sucker for comforts and cannot sleep just on my arm, I must slump over the table on my jacket and announce to the whole world that I'm sleeping. Especially when I'm right beside the mike that people go to when they ask questions. Kept getting woken up by some AC councillor opposite which got me quite annoyed, I mean WHO WAS HE TO DISTURB MY BEAUTY SLEEP! The last time he got someone to poke me awake I rose sleepily, looked around, and went slumping back down again. HAH.

The Dinner was on thursday night, it was not the glamourous affair of 05 where they had it beside the poolside but instead our dear old dining hall. At first Eileen and I decided not to wear our dresses because we thought no one else was wearing, so I went down with cap t shirt and school skirt only to get chased back up by Austin: "YOU LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE JUST COME FROM EAST COAST PARK AFTER GOING TO SCHOOL!" don't ask me what east coast park had to do with anything. So I obediently went up to change into my dress, thanks to dear commander austin.

And of course, the Ultimate Performance on friday! They left us a very long period of stoning where I tried to write poetry (note: tried) and fell asleep instead. Performance went better than the full dress rehearsal thankfully. Cam-whoring afterwards, and there it is-- the end of CAP 08.

Aww.

Obviously I haven't gotten back to doing homework yet, I'm still suffering the high effects of CAP and just wanting to write and read poetry!

Will upload the photos another time, most probably on facebook!


2 flowers

2 Comments:

Gyahahaha Miss Clare Remembers :D

And my birthday was great fun, too. Oh dear. Aiyah, blog-stalking makes me miss CAP more.

By Blogger YN, at 8:56 PM  

whose blogs have you found! I feel as though CAP is drifting away from me already ): damn sad lah.

bet you're going to submit that for mentorship right! or not?

By Blogger lee zhixin, at 12:21 AM  

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, May 31 12:16 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling