Harmonix XI + dance concert!
Okay, time for the overdue harmonica concert post!
[solemn]
Soo after lots of weeks of hardcore harmonica practices with me going home and plonking into bed straight after dinner and bathing, the finale of our hard work finally arrived on the 30th of April! Sometimes I forget why I insisted on joining a performing arts group but then when the concert night dawns (or falls) I get reminded of that exhileration, that nervousness, that sense of acheivement, relief and joy when the concert has ended. The feeling of being on stage in front of an anticipating audience is that which keeps me coming back, even when I'm aware I'm jostling in an arena I am inferior in.
It's quite discouraging sometimes to hear harmonica being put down, especially because I know I didn't join it as first choice but because I was too weary and prideful to try for anything I might get rejected in after I didn't get in Players first intake. How do you explain that feeling of an ensemble playing together and putting together one piece of different melodies and accompaniments? It is a new instrument and for people who do not have musical background we do try to make the best out of it; we are humble and we learn and it is the nicest CCA I have been in without the bitchy or competitive and mercenary people. But when others put Harmoc down it is hard to defend it with such intangible reasons and I keep silent, stumbling about in my inferiority next to people who have the money and the parents who insisted that they learn their piano lessons well.
[/solemn]
So as I walked out of backstage with that looong and yes rather low cut dress (made even more low cut because I was too skinny and the dress just draped over me like a tablecloth) I heard a rather loud
snort from I wonder where. I glared in the general direction of the audience since I couldn't see anything beyond the first two rows and as I started to talk the mike generated a scream by a bee which deafened everyone and so I
had to pay off all the lawsuits against me and stay in jail for the next two years held the mike away from me and rolled my eyes. When I tried to speak again there was no sound from the oh so wonderful mike and finally I gave up and started speaking to the audience with my voice-- and the mike chose the opportunate moment to start working again. THANK YOU MIKE.
Mostly, I tortured the audience because of my paranoid tapping against the mike to ensure that it had sound throughout the entire concert. I heard a recording of Wu Ding and towards the end it had my trademark tapping, whoops. It's called BEING BACKSTAGE MAKES YOU OBLIVIOUS TO HOW LOUD THE MIKE IS.
So after the concert I came down to get greeted with one grass and four flowers :D The grass was green, the flowers were orange, pale pink, hot pink and white lightly tinted with pink (thank you for all that pink HAHA) and WHEE I felt so fuzzy with all the flowers! Thankyou rita sijia zhihua and pang for those flowers, zhihui and shujian for coming and yihao for the AV!

Lalala. Pang is growing to become a mole like his yearbook picture.
Next, fabulous dance night! The niners got the second floor seats because our tickets were 16 bucks; the view from up there was not bad for a bird's eye view but of course we couldn't really see who was on stage, had to keep looking for familiar faces! We spotted arias in all the dances she was in :D it's called a distinctive style!

(yesyes I was in a dress, stop commenting about that grr)
Got screwed badly for wanting to have supper after dance night but we shall not talk about that.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Thursday, May 8
9:19 PM