Talk about memorable!
Yesterday was possibly the most nerve-wrecking theatre trip I have been to for reasons completely unrelated to the plays.

Waking up at 5.45am on a saturday morning was definitely not what I would call an ideal saturday. The best part of the day which followed pretty much sucked as well, with kevy and I deciding that the marginal cost of $10.70 and the wasting of at least 8 hours at NTU for the econs seminar outweighed greatly whatever marginal benefits there was, ie none. Went there, stoned and didn't learn a single thing I didn't know before, either that or there was one lecturer who just spammed lengthy equations and statistics of stock markets and completely confounded everyone in the theatre so much that nobody bothered to listen to his lecture five minutes into it.

Kevy and I tried to make up for the heartache of money badly spent by trying to get as much reception food as possible (they didn't even provide lunch) but by the time we got to the front of the queue for the first reception the food was mostly gone. So we were smarter by the second reception and sneaked out of the LT in the middle of the talk just to get the food; only the food had so much cream and chocolate that we got quite sick of it. Which means the food at most made up half our cost only. Devastating, I know.

At least we ran off right after the second reception because we couldn't stand wasting any more time. I must say that was the smartest decision we made about the entire econs seminar, the stupidest being to even come for it because of some random spurt of hardworking-ness in the middle of the term-- my heart breaks for my money and my time. OPPORTUNITY COST WAS TOO MUCH I DECLARE!

So we set off for Black Comedy and Light Tragedies and got there 1.5 hours earlier than when we were supposed to meet our class which we wisely used by stoning at NLB and I went happily around looking for books. I'm quite happy cause I managed to find incredibly loud and extremely close by jonathan safran foer! And also a collection of HD poems :D She's the one who wrote sheltered garden in our dangerous poems anthology!

Well of course everyone else was late for the 6pm arranged time (should have known to set it to 5.30pm instead) and we waited till about 6.30 for rita to come, coughs. Let's just say that we waited for the bus from clarke quay mrt for a considerably long amount of time and uh, missed the stop very intelligently indeed haha since no one spotted UE square. The whole bunch of us ended up having 15 minutes to run from the next stop (which was a rather long way away) to DBS arts theatre, heavy+numerous bags and lousy shoes and all. Uh, talk about an exhilerating theatre trip! At least we didn't get shut out or anything if they had such a policy against latecomers. Which we weren't okay. Our running skills are l33t. Despite me shrieking at the start of the run because everyone knows I hate running.

The plays pretty much made up for the day, the twist of light and darkness was a refreshing and original idea in Black Comedy and the way the play unfolded reminded me of inspector calls! All in all the experience was hilarious and I rather enjoyed it, those of you who missed them aww I feel sad for you!

But uh, even though it was such an exhilerating journey to the theatre I would prefer not to have another of it, thank you so much god if you're listening.


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, March 9 2:42 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling