A SPACE IN MY HEART
I shall present this post as a tribute to both 409 as 09S05C!

For niners:
I know everyone's been busy but I know somewhere down there we all know what we've been through, up from OBS all the way till now, and hopefully to eternity-- WRITE A POEM FOR IT TO OUTLAST MOUNUMENTS ETC HAHA AS SHAKESPEARE SAYS!

Eternity reminds me of donne's poem. Ever since that "Wit" we watched during Lit. Karliang and Leonard actually memorised it wow. "One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die. " Quoted from wit, "the comma is the space between life, death, and after-life. Not an exclaimation, not a semi-colon; a comma-- a comma, a breath, is all that separates death and after-life." OMG SQUEE, all of us went whoaaaa and got terribly inspired. After properly looking at the sonnet I think Leonard might be right about the resignation in it, it does sound pretty weary, unlike donne's typical all-out arrogant tone:

"Death be not proud; john donne

Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die. "

It has too many commas to be arrogant methinks. I mean the content alone sounds arrogant, sure, but if you put in the commas and stuff you realize it has this underlying tone where he sort of gives in to life, especially the last two lines-- "one short sleepe past, wee wake eternally, and death shall be no more" --as if he's trying to convince himself that death is but a short sleep. Don't you think this poem is damn nice! -goes all starry eyed-

But I shall not give you a lit analysis here yesyes. Just to tell you all that lit is super duper fun and YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT.

And that Othello, the guy and not the book, is so stupid you feel like throwing a shoe at him whereby he will turn the other way and go "THANK YOU FOR THAT SHOE!"

S05c is a conglomerate of interesting characters, I think mostly because of our unusual subject combinations, ie anything that is not pcme or bcme. If I could I would like to observe and interact with everyone in the class (okay, not everyone), but as it is now I can only speak from a relatively superficial point of view, and perhaps mostly about the more outspoken ones (the "more outspoken" is an understatement).

I seriously think all that RI similies are going to screw your similies up, I mean I'm sure you have stuff like "as high as a hyena/hy--- (think in terms of a membrane)" or like "as new as newton" lah! Pretty soon everyone's going to have stupid similies like that and then maybe one or two will find their way into your lit or gp or econs essays or something. Then you will DAI as bad as a badminton!

Which reminds me, we have a tongue twister for pang: "PRIVATE PANG, PICK UP AND PACK UP YOUR PONCHO!"

And we have a name for the other pang (ie kevy) too! PERVY KEVY HAHAHA.

And then there are the jokers in class who always incur "SHUDDUP LAH" from other people LOL. THEY DESERVE IT MAN, I BET WE'RE VERY BEHIND OTHER CLASSES NOW BECAUSE OF THAT HAHA.

Nevertheless, despite all that insane noise from 5C I still miss the jokes of 409 from the sleeping in class in the morning to the singing of random songs like "NI SHUO GUO AI JIAN JIAN FANG XIA HUI ZOU GENG YUAN" to class lunches and outings to everything else under the universe, I hopehopehope I don't forget them but it seems my memory will fail me and perhaps that's a good thing so that you won't long too much? Whatever it is--

"LEFT YOU A SPACE IN MY HEART!"


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Monday, February 25 12:41 AM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling