Don't we just love cliches
Just in a half an hour of watching HAI3 TUN2 WAN1 LIAN4 REN2 (which I've watched before, is showing on channel u again, and sucks) for one single episode because I happened to be in the living room i managed to get, hey, 13 romantic cliches! Amazing ain't it. I shall thus conjure up a list of the most common romantic cliches/scenes in everything including movies, and also stuff that MUST happen in these kinds of shows.
Of course, we all know love is just one huge cliche that we all want. -.-
Most commonly used romantic cliches/scenes1. A running-on-the-beach scene must be involved with the girl generally in a long flowing dress dragging the guy along and laughing. Also, there must be a rather strong breeze which will whip the girl's hair around.
2. Someone must contact cancer or some fatal disease (in most movies, if the couple discovers they love each other in the middle of the movie/are very happy together, one of them must die off at the end of the movie. This is called, THERE IS NEVER A PERFECT LIFE/LOVE.)
3. After finding out that she has contacted cancer, she will drop whatever she is holding looking very shocked. Afterwards, she will proceed to shake the nurse and exclaim, "YOU GOT THE WRONG PERSON! TELL ME YOU GOT THE WRONG RESULTS!"
4. Oh yes, CHILDHOOD LOVE. This usually happens in an orphanage, and in the middle of their happy childhood loving one of them gets dragged away by being adopted or something. Oh, but they'll still love each other throughout all these years because SINCE YOUNG, I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT SHE IS THE ONE AND NOTHING CAN TEMPT ME. (not that anyone wants to tempt him)
5. And of course, acknowledgement of a long lost relation! For some reason they have lots of extra marital affairs, and everywhere babies pop out which the son doesn't know about, then suddenly they realize that hey, that's my granddaughter! Welcome back to the family!
6. "CAN WE RETURN TO THE PAST AND PRETEND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED?"
7. Self sacrificial, oh-so-noble love, for the GOOD OF THE GIRL I will make the decision to break up because it'll be better for her, oh yes. Add forced marriage to the list as well- even if I have to marry someone else in exchange for whatever that's good for her, I will do it because I want the best for her! (unfortunately, this poor guy fails to realize that nobody handed him the right to determine what is best for her! Probably too chauvinistic and too blind to see, oh I must protect my weak frail loved one, she doesn't know what's best for her!)
Oh yeah, and the other type of self sacrifice- AS LONG AS SHE IS HAPPY, I DON'T MIND DOING ANYTHING/I'M HAPPY TOO. Even if it means watching her use me as a substitute to spite the guy she loves. Which brings me to the next one...
8. For the sake of my lover, I don't mind hurting anyone else! Hey since he's going to marry someone else for my good, I have to make him feel better that he's not the only one and thus I use someone as a substitute to comfort him of that fact!
9. "I'M NOT SCARED, I DON'T NEED ANYONE TO PROTECT ME"
10. "TELL ME I'M IN A DREAM!" Hey, wasn't this outdated by primary three? Wake up to reality, dude.
11. The evil guys are normally gigantic flirts and will get a lot of girls to fall head over heels for them through their lies. However, the movies also contradict themselves by either making the lead girl SEE THE LIGHT and fall for the nice guy, or making the evil guy realize that he was in the wrong and turn nice! (refer to spiderman 3!)
We also came out with a specially designed quiz for yinfei to take about her beloved _____!
A quiz specially for Lee Yin Fei about _____ (i wonder who)
1. How many moles does he have in total on his body?
2. Rate him on your cuteness scale from 1 to 10, 10 beint the cutest!
3. How many times does he bathe in a day?
4. How many different coloured underwear does he have? (list the colours)
5. List the things you are willing to do for him everyday (at least five)
Eg, carry his bag, feed him, carry his umbrella, cook for him, bathe him etc etc6. What is the equation of the curve of his eyebrows?
7. How hot is the intensity of his gaze? (List the things it scorches)
8. How many pimples, blackheads and whiteheads has he had in his entire life?
9. What is it about him that makes your knees go weakk?
10. What soup, deodorant, shampoo, cologne etc does he use and how much does he use in a day?
We all know yinfei wants to transfer school to ____ so that she can STALK him and be with him! HAHA. And after all, she "doesn't mind being the supporting role" so she'll be more than happy to do everything for him!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Wednesday, May 16
1:00 AM