Mission...almost possible!
Note the word ALMOST.
No really, we just
nearly got in. We were
this close (puts finger and thumb together) to getting in. Only the ticket attendant remembered that there was a compulsory IC check at the last minute.
Before that we were frantically piling on globs of make up on our faces in Taka fifth floor toilet and inviting stares from all the other toilet users. Boy, am I soo glad we were not in school uniform. That would have totally destroyed our school reputation. Then maybe some idiot will complain (who knows, they can complain about ANYTHING) and we'll get a fifteen-minute long lecture to fill up time when school reopens or when we get back our interim reports on thursday.
Zhi Hua and Jnanee kept complaining about how slutty/prostitute-y they looked as they reluctantly put on make-up. -.-
And so after fretting about our make-up for quite a long time, we finally set off to cineleisure. We were deciding between cineleisure and lido, but after hearing how rowena and co got rejected at lido, we decided to go cine instead and if we got rejected, we would watch X-men 3 in lido.
We were standing around rather suspiciously with me constantly taking off and putting on my glasses (I couldn't see a thing without them!) and us looking at all four attendants to see which one looked the nicest. They all looked equally mean to us, plus the second counter had TWO attendants which is why we decided to go to the third one ultimately.
At first it seemed as though we
could get in. The lady was like showing us the seating plan and telling us apologetically that we would have to sit in the front row if we wanted the 3.15 slot, and inside I was like YES YES YES! We all had our money ready already and JUST as the lady was about to take our money she suddenly remembered she had to do a compulsory IC check.
ARGH.
So she was like, "Can I see your ICs please?"
Pause.
Zhi Hua, Jnanee and I pretended to look through our wallets with a vigour, and we all all
coincidentally "forgot" them.
The lady was like, "Or anything that can identify you as 16?"
Obviously there was nothing, since we weren't sixteen.
So I pretended to look further (when my EZ link card was peeking out so obviously from beneath) and looked helplessly to zhihua, asking her whether she had anything, and she looked helplessly back and said she didn't.
Obviously we didn't get in, and I was muttering, "THIS SUCKS" to zhihua and the attendant was like, "yeah this sucks" (I think).
Initially I had wanted to do the you-mean-you-don't-trust-us-your-service-is-so-lousy act, but the attendant was so nice to us that I couldn't bear to do it. Sighhh. But nevertheless, it was indeed quite an experience!
So off to plan B and the three of us walked to Lido and watched X-MEN THREE!
I LOVEEEE XMEN THREE!
Supremely nice!
In fact, I'm (almost) glad we watched X-men three instead since I heard that davinci was lousy. And besides, Ms Huang did ask us to watch it!
I <333333 x-men three! (spoilers ahead for those who have yet to watch it!)
(this should be a long enough pause for those who haven't watched it to stop reading. if you're still reading -- well, you asked for it. HAHA.)
I cried when Xavier died. I thought it was so sad. He was sitting there, on his wheelchair, looking so trustingly at Jean, persisting on even as she lifted him off his chair and even as his skin was peeling. Then he said these words "Don't let it control you" and for a moment I thought Jean might wake up to her senses, but no -- she just totally disintegrated him while stupid Magento watched on and even brought her away after she was done. Magento was spurring Jean on all the way. He caused Xavier's death partly too, that idiot.
And another saddening scene was when Wolverine had to kill Jean. He was crawling up to her, using all this strength, healing himself as his skin peeled off. "Would you die for them?" Jean was asking with this hardened look on her face. "No, for you." he looked into her eyes. "I would die for you." And then Jean's eyes started watering. "Save me," she whispered, and then for a moment I thought everything would be alright, that the good guys would be able to bring Jean back into her original self, and then Wolverine's claws came out of his fist.
"I love you," and he plunges the claws into her.
And then held her as he screamed into the vast nothingness.
Man, imagine killing the one you love for the good of the world.
But actually, I don't see what's so good about Jean to make so many people love her to madness. She's not even pretty. But then again, I didn't watch the previous two shows, so I might just have missed out something.
STORM WAS TOTALLY PRETTY. I love her hairstyle! And that white hair! And her powers were superbly amazing. Just love that show-whites-of-eyeballs and then bringing about lightning as she flies about turning in the air. Gosh, she's amazing. Now SHE should be the one with men falling on her feet.
Mystique was sad. She was so amazing as a mutant and had such a nice kick-ass attitude, then -- it became all gone as she laid on the ground naked looking pitifully at Magneto. Heartless Magneto just went "You saved me" in this astounded manner then turned his back on her and walked away. "You're not one of us anymore." Man, am I so glad he lost his powers too in the end, that jerk that he is.
I just loved the later part about her, the one with the quote: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned!" I find that supremely hilarious!
Jnanee remarked that Angel looked like Tom Felton probably because of his eyes and I agreed -- those eyes! Just reminds you of Tom Felton man. Really like his wings too. It was so sad that he tried to cut them off at the start.
Poor Cyclops, so hung up over Jean so long after she "died". Found that dedication quite sweet. But I found that reappearance of jean plain weird. Like suddenly after Cyclops directs his power towards the water, Jean miraculously appears just like that without an explanation whatsoever and hey presto! she's alive! And they start kissing each other. Right.
haha that part with Juggernaut was damn funny! Bang bang bang into the walls and then missed the girl, and later kills himself by banging into the wall in the boy's room. So stupid!
But I found the ending not really a good ending to match up with the rest of the movie. It's like after so much climax and excitement, the ending sort of falls short of the movie.
Oh well, overall, it was GREAT. :D now i understand why arias likes x-men! (and the only thing I knew about them in the past was that it was a cartoon -.-)
X-men 3 rocks!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Monday, May 29
9:22 PM