The Grand Finale
So that's it.
The last performance of RGS Chinese Drama. (most probably -- you never know whether there'll be a sudden miracle, and god knows, we do need a miracle and nothing less for chinese drama to continue on.)
It's been quite a journey, with each year having lesser and lesser people. This year, we've been the most unprepared -- two weeks before the performance, we had a change of cast for my act (cause my original devil couldn't act due to some sickness, and mel ho who was supposed to act as the lao gong became the devil instead with the laoshi finding this guy called kun hua to act at the last minute), one dress rehearsal and two technical runs in total before the performance (trust me, that's a very little number) and basically, everyone had to double up either as backstage cast or as an actor in another play. Boy, what a time.
But it all came to an end tonight, and it ended on quite a high note I must say. (: I just live for the audience's laughter and their reactions to every movement we make. It's all worth it, all these rehearsals, all this time spent for one performance. For the audience, it's worth it. We had a full house with two extra rows of seats (as per every year), but I think this year we required a lot less advertising. Heh.
I hope you all enjoyed your time tonight! I hope you all felt that the six bucks (which is the cheapest you'll ever get for a concert) was worth it, and that you all laughed your lungs out and developed abs. x) Despite the not-so-good seating (i'm sorry! haha. I didn't know that the view there was lousy. If there's a next time, which I highly doubt, I'll get you all prime seats in the center. Yes indeed.)
I <3333 you all! Thanks Arias, Lena, Joy, Sal, Kevy, Zhi Min, Zhi Hua, Sheena, Xin Ying, Deborah, Wen Wei, Valerie and Wanqi for coming down! And of course, cheering for me hee. THANK YOU!
I'll blog more about it another time, I'm quite exhausted now. (:
(btw, I'll reply to all your tags tomorrow haha! I'm tired! And anyway, we have CBOX which saves ALL the messages. YAY.)
Rgs chinese drama will live forever and ever in our memories.
the angel in white speaks! HAHA. So politically correct aye? DON'T blackmail me with your pics!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, May 20
11:21 PM