The day when our class shrunk to 21
Today was quite a pleasant school day, if I do say so myself.
Almost half the class ponned school/were genuinely sick (I DOUBT ALL OF THEM WERE THOUGH AHEM) leaving only 21 people in class out of our total class population of 35. Wow. Trust me, the classroom looked a lot emptier than usual. I was thinking of ponning school but... SIGH.
So the teachers couldn't teach anything and we had our day pretty free to study chemistry WITHOUT affecting our attendance. Best of both worlds aye?
(those who ponned school, you're going to be in BIGGG trouble. And when I say big, I mean BIG.)
Maths was spent watching a movie called "A beautiful mind" which involved a rather huge asshole called John Nash who had no style at all despite his reasonably good looks. Just imagine this:
(girl sees John, feels interested in him, asks her friend to gesture for him to go over. John goes over.)
(loooooooong awkward silence where the girl peers rather awkwardly under her very heavy make-up. finally the girl speaks up.)
Girl: "Err... maybe you would like to buy me a drink?"
(another pause, then John follows up)
John: "Look, I don't know what to say and do, I know that both of us ultimately want to get into bed, so can we just skip everything and go straight to bed to have sex?"
.................
Girl slaps john. YAY. he deserved it! What crap is this?
And then later on, when he actually starts dating...
(after a few dates or maybe it was just one)
(John stares at space, and there was this silence between them, after which the girl mentioned that he didn't quite like to talk)
John: "The usual courtship rituals dictate that we require a certain number of dates before we can get into bed. You're an attractive person, and all I've ever thought about is when we're going to get into bed. So is it alright to skip all the courtship rituals and go straight to that stage?" (or something to that effect)
Okayyyyyyy, so John's a horny nerd (doesn't that sound uncannily like one of the schools we know?). What an idiot. No inch of style within him! I must applaud the first girl for slapping him in that way. WELL DONE! (the second girl however married him -.- takes all kinds I must admit)
You know John actually thinks of mathematical theories when he sees the blond that every guy at the table was ogling at and salivating over? That's how he came up with "the best results come with cooperation not competition" and won a nobel prize for it HAHA.
All the mathematical symbols were rather terrifying though. You can ask Zhi Hua about how petrified I was after the movie of university education. University education sounds like one huge research studies project, which is NOT good at all. RS SUCKS. We'll die in university! ESPECIALLY PRINCETON UNIVERSITY. NEVER BE A MATHEMATICIAN IN PRINCETON. You'll end up thinking of mathematics when looking at pigeons.
Chinese later was quite hilarious too. Our chinese teacher was asking Lee Qi about her siblings, following which Lee Qi proclaimed to everyone that her brother's in ACSI. The teacher brightened up and went, "Actually, ACSI guys zui4 you3 feng1 du4 de4 (has the most style) hor!" Lee Qi looked very horrified. "NOOOOOO! WEI4 SHEN2 ME4? Look at my brother!"
Then our chinese teacher proceeded on to tell us about how she was picking up litter in this function thing and how nobody stopped to help her except for this ACSI guy. Lee Qi replied looking insulted, "Then it's only the minority lah!"
HAHAHA. Lee Qi! You and your prejudice against them! When we found out that that guy sitting opposite us in tuition was from acsi, lee qi immediately turned to me and exclaimed with a very shocked expression, "He's from ACSI?!"
AND I BET YOU PURPOSELY PUT YOUR BROTHER AS NUMBER 9 IN THE 20 PEOPLE THING RIGHT CAUSE IT'S THE MOST SCANDALOUS! HAHAHA!
Those who want to go for Da Vinci, wanna go on sunday? Or would you prefer next wednesday? :D Mission-Act-Sixteen-Possible!
Talking about movies, Zhi Hua and I realized that the movies we're going to watch at her house totals up to a grand total of 14 hours. Nice. Plus we've come up with a list of another 10 movies to watch in the cinema/to get by DVD, so we're going to watch ourselves silly and let our brain cells relax after this VERY LONG AND GRUELLING PERIOD. Whereby other schools are having holidays while we have a chemistry EOI on thursday and a lit performance task and a philosophy essay to hand in on Friday. GRR.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Thursday, May 25
12:28 AM