The long awaited blog post!
Well a number of things!

Rhythmic gym concert 2006!
YAY doubtless my fellow ruler arias, president of the joy island joy, sal and xin ying all rocked! (:

I went for chinese drama before the gym concert, where we were rehearsing and giving our director a hell of a hard time haha! (cos we were fooling around, especially YI TING AHEM. :D ) We were also groaning about the guy we were going to get, who is from RI unfortunately (because of a few certain seniors cough cough who wanted a certain guy), and who doesn't even have acting experience -- and isn't even from chinese drama.

Can you believe it?

Apparently all the chinese drama ri people were all too busy *rolls eyes* and thus they went to ask in classes, and this ri guy volunteered. Man.

Haha it feels nice to be in anti-ri company! (this year I keep being in pro-ri company for some reason -.- people i know are so pro-ri this year! so i'm sort of neutral now knowing so many pro-ri people) We had a very funny conversation about it (no offence to any er ri guys who stumbled upon this post accidentally)!

Yiting: Can we put specifications on the kind of guy we want? Like "must not be ugly"?
Amanda: You mean there are ri guys who aren't?
Yiting: True hor. HAIZ.

Anyway, as evidence of me being neutral, I saw a cute ri/rjc guy on the mrt as I was going back from gym concert. Fine it could be rjc... but see, seeing a cute raffles guy is like finding water on the sun! (cos all of them are generally ugly hahahahahahah!)

OH YEAH BACK TO THE TOPIC: GYM CONCERT!

Chinese drama released us early, so I waited about 40minutes for Zhi min before we set off to burger king in far east, during which when we were walking to the bus stop opposite it started to rain rather HEAVILY. Zhi min and I were rather worried about how we were going to get back (our bags were left outside the classroom thus we didn't have our umbrellas with us) without getting drenched. I, MELODY ZHI XIN, had a BRILLIANT IDEA (as always!): to spend ultra long in burger king eating and waiting for the rain to stop. And true enough, not long after we started eating, the rain stopped! :D

And then the rain began again when we were done. -.-iii

So we were WINDOW SHOPPING around far east, which was rather torturous (note to self: never go window shopping when you are broke) seeing all those loveeeely stuff to buy. And Zhi Min mostly just tagged around without looking at anything hmph.

Fortunately for us, the rain sort of stopped, and thus we were able to get to the gym concert without being wet chickens (imagine drenched us with wet pinafores looking as though we've just survived Survivor walking into the KS Chee theatre dripping wet all over the carpet haha!).

FINALLY WE GET TO THE POINT.

Gym concert was great! It was a night filled with splendor and glamour, with ribbons, ropes and balls and stunts you can never do and can only watch on enviously. The gymnasts were graceful, lithe and nimble, and it was as though they could bend their bodies any way they wanted. There was a rather cute routine that made us laugh (in the middle of the routine two little girls tiptoed out to the middle of nowhere), and the rest of the routines were simply marvellous, and yes, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE for non gymnasts haha! Some of them weren't very synchronized though; but on the whole it was GREAT.

And yes, our beloved lena chose the most remote corner in the Ks chee (back row, the seat RIGHT AT THE END) with a certain person. I wonder who it was? COUGH COUGH Never mind, I'm sure she enjoyed herself the most with her "friend". HAHA.

I'm so sorry Arias, Sal, Xinying and Joy for not buying roses! ): I was broke (I know this is a seriously lame excuse, but what can I say? This week has been the broke-est week for me EVER. I don't remember being so broke before. Haiz. Maybe I'll buy you all belated roses when i'm not so broke!)

AND AND YOU ALL! REMEMBER TO GO FOR CHINESE DRAMA CONCERT OKAY! WE PROMISE TO WOW YOU AND GIVE YOU A NIGHT FILLED WITH LAUGHTER AND EMOTIONS RANGING FROM TOTAL LAUGHTER TO UTMOST SADNESS! (:

The fabulous piece of artwork
Thank you thank you! This fabulous piece of artwork is made by ME!

You see, during biology we were supposed to have this chromatogram (don't ask me, i have no idea why there are chromatograms in BIOLOGY). I took the ink bottle over there, innocently uncapped the cap with the brush attached, and all of a sudden I saw this black ink thing all over my worksheets. I stared rather astoundedly at it for a few seconds, and the only coherent thought I had was, "What just happened?".

Then I realized what happened, and started frantically trying to rescue my biology worksheet, which unfortuantely still got stained. The fortuante thing is that the worst and the only other victim of this was the paper rgs gave for us to donate money to shufang (poor thing), which now has a very nice artwork on ink splahes on it. THANKYOU THANKYOU!

Rg debate camp!
Yes my seniors are contemplating about this very seriously! Now all they're waiting for is the teacher's approval. So if jtoh and the school approves, expect ANOTHER debate camp in june! (oh man two debate camps! is there such a thing as too much debate?) yes, we're inviting other schools as well, which my seniors are being excessively mysterious about for some reason. But I got a sneak glance at the schools, and we all know the usual schools that are going to be invited. (:

Talking about debate and chinese drama, I'm dead. For one, david wants us down three times a week, monday, wednesday and friday, of which I definitely cannot make it on friday. And yes you guessed it, chinese drama wants us down two times a week and one paixi day, wednesday, thursday and friday. Do you see the ever-so-obvious reason why I'm dead? Do the math: there are only 5 days in a week. And tuesday isn't even utilised.

Obviously one can only do this much. Thursday and Fridays are definitely for chinese drama, but wednesday... damn. I'm hoping to cut wednesday's chinese drama and leave halfway for debate, hopefully when the rest are still prepping. I'm so dead that you can't even imagine the extent. Either or both my cca teachers are going to kill me.

Philo can be useful
Yes it can. Especially when teachers are lecturing you on not paying attention during speeches.

I SHOULD have NOT paid attention. It's rather annoying to get lectured when you were doing the exact same thing they were asking you to do, just making slightly more noise (hey! the speaker was talking about rjc curriculum! It concerns our FUTURE! How could I have stoned there?). The main point of their lectures was to ask us to stone during speeches and not make any noise. Seriously.

And so Kevy and I APPLIED OUR KNOWLEDGE and used philosophy to find out the FALLACIES in their lectures! And the miraculous conclusion? Their lectures are filled with fallacies! (eg: slippery slope, doubtful cause, unqualified generalizations, false dilemma, appeal to authority, annoymous authority and a whole load of unjustified assumptions!) They should go take a lesson or two or maybe a lot more in philosophy!

Yes, philosophy is useful indeed!

Okay looking on the darker side...

friends that are not friends.

I'm not going to say much about this. It's just that they really can be quite insensitive. I can't find much to talk about to them, cos we don't exactly have a lot in common. I feel rather left out. This just reminds me of certain people and certain situations in a certain cca. I just don't fit in with them. I'm glad I'm not in their classes; I would DIE. I know what they think of me: they don't really think I'm as good as them. It rather sucks to know that we're going to be stuck together for a long period of time. A once anticipated thing has now turned to dread.

And people, this isn't any April fool's day joke (april fool is over anyway, and i didn't manage to prank anyone sigh). MATHS PT IS DUE ON WEEK FIVE. I'm serious. Go check the summative assessment timetable on Inet if you don't believe me.

Oh my heavens.

We shall go find Jteo on mon and ask him about this. HOW CAN THEY GIVE A MATHS PT ON WEEK 2 AND EXPECT IT BACK ON WEEK 5? This is ridiculous and totally absurd. Protest!


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, April 2 1:03 AM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling