I'm fed up
If the definition of a feminist is a fed up woman, then yes, I'm a feminist.

I'm fed up with the way women have a lower status than men. Even though it might not be as prominent as it is in the past, it is still evident. What I aspire for is to completely eradicate this inequality of gender, if not in mindsets of chauvinistic pigs, then at least to ensure a fair system for all.

Can you believe this outright blatant trampling of women's rights?

First of all, the quota for people taking medical science: the quota for women is much lesser than men, and the reason? For despite years and years of criticism and civilisation, our "civilised" society doesn't seem to behave like one. The reason is because these chauvinists are still stuck in that age-old mindset that women should stay at home and take care of the kids and that essentially is the role of women. Therefore, because the government does not want to waste resources on women who might possibly give up their careers to stay at home and take care of the kids, they set a quota which is so bloody unfair to women, giving the men more places and more opportunities to learn medical science. May I ask, what century is this?

Second, GEP system. This isn't proven yet, but seriously, it's rather obvious. Evidence? In Rosyth, the number of guys is twice the number of girls, yet when it comes to non gep classes, the best classes have girls far outweighing the guys. Seriously, in my class (okay I did NOT come from Rosyth I came from a neighbourhood school, but it just proves that the stats are consistant throughout the schools), we had 30 girls and 12 guys. Now tell me, honestly, do you believe that the girls weren't good enough to get into gep? Tell me, honestly, do you seriously think that the girls were just clever enough to get into the best classes but not good enough to get into GEP, and that this happens consistantly across all the schools and all the years?

If this isn't outright trampling of female rights, tell me what is.

---

Another thing that made me super annoyed: I do not like some people or rather THIS PERSON. What gets me is that that person might have turned my friends against me and all of them might have blocked me for some weird reason cos I don't see them online anymore. Let me say this: I have never ever tagged at someone whom I know's blog under an anonymous name before, so please don't suspect me of being some stupid spammer.

The only times I've ever tagged as anons were to give constuctive criticism which the authors might not like, and at those times I didn't even know those people. In addition, when I say CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I really mean constructive criticism and not attacking the person. I.e.: criticism with regards to writing standards etc

And anyway, I just don't like that person. Seriously. I used to tolerate her because (i suspected) one of my friends liked her, but now. Really, she's intolerable. She must be the only one who is not a teacher whom I will attach the word "bitch" to, and trust me, bitch is an extreme word to use for me. (bitchy is not because it's just an adjective; a bitchy person might not be a bitch... okay I'm not making much sense here, but let's hope you get what I mean)

In essence, I'm fed up. Full stop.


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Tuesday, April 11 12:43 AM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling