British Councils and Love calculators
British Councils yesterday, and I must say it's been a rather great disappointment not to break into the quarters though it was good experience (yada yada that's what we all say).

First round was against UWC, in which I didn't debate in. We lost -- but at least for that loss, I concede defeat; I just came out of it with this empty hollowness, this loud awareness that in order to break, we had to win the next two rounds.

Second round. I debated along with Kristin and Ruiling against HCI. Let's just say that this is the most infuriating round; I completely didn't understand why we lost. The debate was very, very messy; both the prop and opp didn't understand each other, but after David explained their case to us I felt more pissed off than ever -- their policy had so many flaws, flaws that were so obvious to us after the debate, yet we couldn't see them during it cause we just didn't understand. I still don't understand why we lost, but I shall just blame the ajudicator for being a pig head (according to david, he's an idiot haha, and he said so before the debate to JToh).

Exhausted, we ate our lunch (it was a very funny lunch indeed and involved discussing of teachers with Jtoh) and proceeded on to the third debate where I wasn't debating in either. It was a crappy motion: THBT the environment should be top priority for all governments, and let's just say that we didn't do very well for it. The Prop was super hilarious and screwed up as well; their case set up was non existant, and the only thing that ran through in the first prop was: "The environment is dying! Therefore we are going to die! So we have to put environment as the top priority!"

We weren't that good either; what sounded so logical during prep came apart during the debate. We ran that environment should be placed as equal priority with other aspects and not the top (of course they wouldn't give such a one-sided motion, we should have known, but we didn't have any experience dealing with such a motion, or a bad prop case set up either). Apparently we were suppose to run that in the case of some other aspect clashing with environment, we would take that aspect and show that it leads to eventual environmentalism in the end.

We won, but it wasn't a good win at all -- the only reason why we won was cause they were worse haha. That debate was sooo crappy -- but nevermind, learn from experience, we shall do more impromptus in future and improve our standards haha!

We didn't break of course, so sad. From now on we're going to focus on our dear juniors and prepare them for youth 14s! (: Looking on the bright side, at least I won't be so stressed, and I won't get killed by my seniors for missing chinese drama or my parents for missing tuition.

Better luck next time!

---

I find love calculators hilariously funny! :D (the website's http://www.lovecalculator.com/)

Look at this:

Lee Zhi Xin & Orlando Bloom

97 %


:D Should I go look for Orlando Bloom and marry him? HAHA.

I'm sorry Melissa, I couldn't resist hahahahhahaha! (melissa's so going to kill me)

Melissa Ooi Si Hui & Boyle

87 %


Dr. Love thinks that a relationship between Melissa Ooi Si Hui and Boyle has a very good chance of being successful, but this doesn't mean that you don't have to work on the relationship. Remember that every relationship needs spending time together, talking with each other etc.

I told you they were fated! Even without HMM's surname they scored 87 % wow! :D HAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHA!

Stop playing hard to get melissa, fate's bringing both of you together!

Lena Lim Shang Fei & Hiok

78 %

Luckily Lena doesn't blog surf. Let's hope she never feels like blog surfing until this entry's out of my blog.

HAHA 78% without the surname! NOT BAD! Of course, we all know he's just a friend hmmmm...

And to prove that love calculators can be right at times, I use the most classic example of love:

Romeo & Juliet

98 %

Hee! Love calculators are sooooo funny hahaha! And evelyn, if you still read my blog, you got a rather high percentage with you-know-who hahahahah!

ALL THIS IS MEANT AS A JOKE OKAY, DON'T ASSUME THE PEOPLE ABOVE LIKE EACH OTHER (but maybe they do HMM) EXCEPT FOR THE ROMEO AND JULIET ONE! DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE!

Oh yeah, randomness, but one thing you learn from david?

"Treat every member of the opposite sex nicely and keep your options open!" :D


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, April 23 6:10 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling