A rather eventful day
Okay, so I've decided to restrain myself from blogging, so don't be astonished to see fewer entries more widely spaced apart.
Yesterday, firstly, the kampong glam trip. I have only one word to describe it: BORING. I was so utterly sick of the entire thing I made up a rain song:
Rain rain please come here
If you do then you are dear!
(to the tune of rain rain go away)
Well a few minutes later it started raining. :D
So because of the rain, we didn't have to walk to two more stupid places (haha we travelled to them in bus, which is so much better since I didn't look at all and was instead sleeping and drowning in the nice cool aircon air).
But of course, I asked the rain to stop after the museum trip cos of the class party afterwards. In order for that, your benevolent ruler did a rain dance in the rain and sang a rain song:
Rain rain go away
We will love you forever yay!
And about 5 minutes later the rain significantly lessened. HA! For that nice rain, I awarded it an island where it can rain all day!
Well there was a period of absolute embarrassment during the break...
The guide brought us to this coffee shop to eat, but seeing that the food was totally unappealing, Jnanee, Lei Can, Zhi Hua and I decided to venture to this rather appealing place to look.
Like all shophouses, this place is small, and thus allowed us no room for escape, meaning that once we went in we were rather obvious.
Well this place is called "Sleepy Sam" and by the looks of it, we could see it was
super duper expensive, but did we listen to our instincts? NAH. We listened to our stupid stomachs which were telling us to hurry up and get food.
So obviously the guy at the counter greeted us, and I greeted him back rather awkwardly. We were staring at the menu.
Me: Er... how much is the toast?
Him: Hmm. It's $4.50, but for you all I can give you $3.50.
3 bucks 50. 3 bucks 50 for a miserable toast.
Lei Can: How much is the drink?
Him: It's $6, but for you all I can give you $5.
5 bucks for a little cup of drink.
I stared at Zhi Hua and she stared at me and we stared at each other. I asked Zhi Hua in the hope that she would be buying something and spare us the humiliation: "Are you buying?"
And she asked me back, "I dunno... are you buying?"
Very nice indeed. So Zhi Hua, Lei Can and I stared at each other (Jnanee had escaped humph). We pretended to take out our wallets and open it.
Then this woman went up to the counter and started ordering a set meal, and we slinked out of the small shophouse in total humiliation and embarrassment.
Let's just hope that this guy is a regular Caucasian who never bothers to read up on Singapore education system and doesn't know the name "Raffles" which was boldly printed behind the PE shirt I was wearing along with my jeans.
Later we reluctantly went back to the coffeeshop, and bought nasi lemak.
There was this stupid uncle whose stall was beside our table, and he had a rather evil laugh. "HEH HEH HEH! I'm standing beside the brightest girls in Singapore right!" he said to mickey mouse. "HEH HEH HEH!" Wow. His words reeked of total sarcasm. I totally
like this guy man.
And obviously the fifteen minute break was almost up, and Mickey mouse had to stand beside us while we were trying our hardest to gobble up our food as fast as possible. "Slow down! Don't choke!" he worriedly exclaimed.
HELLO. PLEASE DON'T TELL US THAT WHEN YOU'RE STANDING BESIDE US. Do you have any idea how pressurising it is to have a teacher standing beside you? Kind of contradictory to him telling us to slow down.... -.-
Later on we had the CLASS PARTY, but before that we went for lunch!
HAHA. Don't ever fall for a trick regarding AHEM tomato sauce and chili. Don't say I didn't warn you.
And so we proceeded on to Kevy's house in Upper Bukit Timah, HUME PARK.
Sad to say, our prank failed miserably due to Ms Ang's sharp eyes ("I saw all of you sneaking to the side one by one and I was wondering what you were doing"). Nevertheless, we had a HELL LOAD OF FUN with heart attack and indian poker (I CHALLENGE YOU DEAD FISH!). Arias and I did a very ahem mean um cheat, but we shall decline to say what it is. And we only did that for one round! For indian poker, the losers had to drink a cup of drink, and zhihua ended up drinking so much her bladder was ready to burst, and she didn't want to play anymore for fear of that. :D
THE POOL is an extremely dangerous thing. Keep out of its reach. And your friends.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. THEY DUNKED MS ANG INTO THE WATER!
HA HA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
Poor ms ang indeed. Poor, poor her.
Sadly Zhi Hua, Michelle and I had to go off by 7.30, and we didn't even eat a lot. Haiz. THE CHICKEN WINGS WERE SUPERBLY DELICIOUS. Not to mention, the satays.
Bukit Timah is an ultra ulu place. Even Zhi Hua, who keeps complaining how ulu paya lebar is ("Tampinies and Orchard are like the cities. Bedok is like the suburban. Paya lebar is RURAL!!!"), was rather happy at how Paya lebar was so much better than Bukit Timah. We travelled through the entire bus trip in trepidation and fear at the utter ulu-ness.
And yes, we went all the way across singapore from west to east to get back home cos the nearest MRT which wasn't even remotely near at all was Bukit Batok.
HOME SWEET HOME.
Oh yeah. Yesterday i saw a cockroach in my room. A filthy, full-grown cockroach scuttling in bright white light.
I shrieked thinking of the billions of germs it was scattering around in my room, and grabbed my pillows and blanket in a hurry to rush to my father's room to sleep.
That night, I dreamt I killed all the cockroaches in my room with my bare hands, hearing that satisfying crunch. And you know you always wake up a little after a dream? Well I woke up and was rather delighted that the cockroaches were gone from my room before I remembered it was a dream. -.-
I went back to sleep and had another weird dream. This time I dreamt I was in a group with Husena and Deborah and god knows who else, and we had to drive trucks in this sort of competition with our class. It was my turn to drive the truck, and I crashed the truck into a house.
Zhi Hua says it's because I played too much Crazy Taxi, and I suspect she might be right.
Edit: EEWWWWW! I JUST SAW A FLYING COCKROACH!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! HOW COME THEY CAN CRAWL AND FLY?!?
how come I keep dreaming of you...
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Thursday, March 23
9:20 PM