A VERY INTERESTING chinese opera competition
Guess what.

Guess what, people.

Guess what what what.

Today, Zhi hua and I went for this chinese opera competition purely to get an activity on our card. We were totally prepared to get bored, and had even brought our homework along.

Just as we sat down, I happened to catch a glimpse of the emcee before he turned and went backstage.

And guess what.

I was staring with my mouth agape, and thinking, "That guy looks VERY familiar!" I remembered zijun saying that the emcee looked very familiar, and thus I consulted her on my suspicions, and it turned out that both of us suspected the same thing.

Because we couldn't see anything sitting down (we were sitting cross legged right in front of the stage, which is a VERY awkward position), we decided to stand up. And I decided to drag ZhiHua and Zijun along to see whether he is really the guy we thought he is.

Alas, we didn't see him as we made our rounds around the entire stage and even peeked into backstage to see if he was in there. I was going on and on wondering he was really the guy we thought he was.

Giving up, we stood somewhere at the back to watch the performance (not that zhihua and I were watching; we completely didn't understand a word they were saying/singing). It was then ZhiHua suggested to go see that white board over there to see whether they had put the emcee name down so that we can confirm our suspicions.

The white board didn't have his name. Feeling a bit disappointed, we settled somewhere near the stage near that white board to watch it. It was then I spotted this tall figure in a blue and white striped shirt with jeans.

Me: Look over there! (glances over pointedly, then glances back at the show to appear subtle)
ZhiHua: Where? (glances over very obviously, puzzled)
Me: THERE!
ZhiHua: Where? (glances over there again very obviously)
Me: AH NEVER MIND. LOOK AT THE SHOW. (I was beginning to think that I might have gotten the wrong guy)
After a while...
Me: Look over THERE!
Zhi Hua: Are you talking about that guy in that blue and white striped shirt in jeans?

Gosh, ZHIHUA IS SLOW!

Guess who that guy is.

WAHAHA. Never in my widest dreams will I have thought that I would meet HIM especially at such an occasion!

Indeed, he was the guy we thought he was...

SHAWN LEE.

Oh. My. God.

It would have been ions better if it were Joshua of course, but it was the novelty of meeting someone famous. Zhi Hua and I were giggling like drooly fangirls (we weren't the only ones. We spotted a mob towards the end giggling and nudging each other). I was going, "Want to get his autograph? Should we get his autograph? What should he sign on? How to get his autograph? AHH!"

(yes, I know. it was the first time we met a celebrity we actually liked and got an autograph)

In the end, after a lot of giggling and taking my phone up not-so-subtly to take millions of pictures which weren't very clear, I regained my composure. Zhi Hua, however, didn't.

I managed to persuade a giggling and blushing Zhi Hua to go get his autograph with me. So we marched up front, and shoving my handbook (yes, my handbook) and a piece of zhihua's foolscap paper with smp notes on it (tsktsk) along with Zhi Hua's pen, I asked, "Um. Can I have your autograph please?"

He turned and then smiled at us and then signed both, but unluckily forgot that what he was holding was zhihua's pen and didn't return it to us.

I was just going to get it from him for zhihua when his irritating agent, who tried to shoo us away while he was signing our book and paper, went up to him and started using the pen to scribble some notes on his emcee paper. We were impatiently waiting at the side for that irritating agent to finish, and zhihua was going hopefully, "Maybe he'll remember that it isn't his..."

Right.

The irritating agent finally went away, and I went up to him again and said a bit sheepishly, "Um, can I have the pen back?" And then he looked at the pen a bit shocked, and grinned at us sheepishly back, "Oh! Sorry!" And he gave back the pen (wahaha, our fingers brushed, but that's beside the point), and I told him that it's okay, and we went back, with Zhi Hua staring at the pen with amazed wonder.

"I should frame this pen!"

WAHAHA. And so we spent the remainder of the competition staring at him and taking not-so-subtle photos along with a steadily growing mob of girls (we got very lucky! the next mob who wanted his autograph got pushed away by his dumb agent). When he went on stage again for the award presentation, everyone was busy taking photos away. :D

I must say, chinese opera's interesting after all! WAHAHA. Next time, they should get JOSHUA to host it. (;

---

Post note:

Wahaha, did these two quizzes on Yashan's blog, and guess what I got for both?

You scored as English. Your eyes will fail after reading for so long... at least you will be a walking dictionary/quote machine.

English

81%

Biological Sciences

69%

Psychology

50%

Engineering

44%

Anthropology

38%

Philosophy

31%

What is your major?
created with QuizFarm.com


And again:

You scored as English. You should be an English major! Your passion lies in writing and expressing yourself creatively, and you hate it when you are inhibited from doing so. Pursue that interest of yours!

English

100%

Theater

92%

Journalism

92%

Biology

83%

Dance

83%

Linguistics

75%

Engineering

75%

Art

75%

Philosophy

67%

Chemistry

58%

Psychology

50%

Mathematics

50%

Sociology

42%

Anthropology

42%

What is your Perfect Major? (PLEASE RATE ME!!<3)
created with QuizFarm.com


yay. Not too bad! And theatre and journalism come a close second. (: Bio comes third! Pretty accurate, I say this quiz is. Unlike the first one... HELLO, my philo is GOOD okay. Humph. I don't even know what's anthropology.



0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, February 5 10:25 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling