MY ANG BAOS
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
Now GIMME your ang baos! *holds knife at your throats* HEH HEH HEH. *the sounds of an evil laugh fill the air. without a doubt, you all know you are going to die!*
MONEY OR LIFE?
---
Chinese new year celebrations yesterday were rather
blah. Hardly any atmosphere, especially towards the end. Couldn't feel it even when we cheered the raffles cheer... and we all know ATMOSPHERE is super important for Raffles cheers! (: I LOVE UNITED. All that stamping, growling and screaming!
Borders we set off to the first thing afterwards (if mr toh ever sees this, he'll kill me for my grammar usage. totally horrendous, i admit). We looked enviously at the albums (oh fine. most of the time it was me) and dreamt about buying all of them when we knew it was impossible (until I become a billionaire, but still).
We got pretty sian-ed out afterwards, so we went out of Borders to go to lido and survey the situation (fine, the real reason is because we weren't sure where lido was). And the first thing we saw when we got there was the
mass of white and blue. HOARDS AND HOARDS of them, standing outside lido, going up the escalators, gathering outside the cinema... upon closer surveillance, we found out they were acsb guys. Some of them were rather nice; they opened the door for us! (:
From those hoards, it looked as though the entire school was forced to go... =.=
And so we travelled up the escalators feeling a bit overwhelmed with the sudden increase of white and blue colours. And abrubtly discovered we had no way down.
We went round and round the entire place, and we couldn't see a down escalator! BOTH escalators were going up! UP! I was pissed, alien, pissed.
I tell you, that must be the
first time in my entire life of 14 and a half years when I actually had to LOOK for the down escalator.
In the end we gave up and asked the person where the lift was. We were rather relieved when we finally got down... the feeling of being
trapped upstairs!
(both escalators were going up to accomodate those hoards of acsb guys, and i think i saw a debater amongst them... i didn't see that funny debater though!)
Later on we went to Orchard library (exciting, I know, but we were both feeling rather sianed, and I wanted to lie down and sleep, but of course we didn't go there to sleep... really!). We tried fruitlessly to locate the rest of our class, but as the word fruitlessly tells you, it failed. So we stayed there reading for the better part of the hour, with me going off for
numerous trips to the toilet.
Don't ask me why. It was seriously annoying. Must have been that entire cup of milo I drank.
After eating at mos burger, we set out of takashimaya, only to find masses of blue and white again walking towards us out of lido.
Of course, rg uniform is blue and white too, and you would have seen a lot of blue and white too (though not as much) had it not been for the fact that most of us were wearing outside clothes.
(I was feeling rather delighted about the fact that I could sing and dance on the street and let everyone think I was crazy and yet won't bat an eyelash since they don't know what school I am from)
The movie we watched:
I NOT STUPID TOO.Me: ZHIHUA! I TELL YOU, THAT GUY
IS the shuai-est!
Zhihua: Which one?
Me: THERE! So obvious! Out of all the three, he is the most good looking!
(the guy I was referring to was Joshua ang, otherwise known as cheng cai in I not stupid too)
Apparently Zhi Hua didn't see much difference between Joshua and Shawn, and thought they both looked okay. BUT OBVIOUSLY JOSHUA LOOKED THE BEST LAHH.
(still, he can't rival a lot of people! like 1) my bf and 2) DRACO!)
The movie?
FAN-TA-BU-LOUS.
I could feel my eyes watering a lot during the entire course of the movie. And sometimes the tears spilled out, and sometimes I would sniffle a bit. It was so sad, so touching, so niceee.
I don't care what review the straits time gave it, I SAY IT'S A GREAT MOVIE, maybe even the best of jack neo's.
IT'S FUNNY TOO, and VERY LAME! Heh.
Shall not give any spoilers, except it made me think seriously of the problem of meritocracy.
I mean, I didn't think it used to be a problem. Meritocracy, where a society judges a person by his or her abilities. Sounded right to me, since it sounded fair. Abilties, not background, not race, not religion, not skin colour. Ability, something you hone. A race of the best.
Well maybe I'm not so sure now...
GO AND WATCH IT!
Later as we went back we were happily identifying every school by their uniforms. IT ROCKS to be at orchard road!
---
it's now officially 7 minutes past 12! HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
You can pass the ang baos to me the next time you see me, or you can write a cheque to me. (;
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, January 28
10:55 PM