Most Memorable Moments
(yay I know how to alliterate)
(this is by the way the 200th post of my blog counting drafts I never got around to publishing, so yay)
1. Worm songs and rhymesHusena's favourite song: Nobody likes me!Everyone hates me!I'm gonna eat some worms! (and here you hear lots of echos from zhixin)BIG FAT JUICY WORMSLONG THIN SLIMY WORMSITSY BITSY FUZZY WUZZY WORMS!(zhi hua says, "EEW")
The worm rhymeCrazy? I was crazy once. They sent me to a home.I died there.Then the worms came.Worms? I hate worms.They drive me crazy.Crazy? I was crazy once.They sent me to a home... (then you just keep repeating and repeating)(zhi hua tells me that that is so morbid, and begs me to stop repeating it)
Basically, our two favourite worm stuff. (: Husena loves weird songs!
2. Right after the sea expedition of Killing KayakingMe (after noticing my watch mark and my dark skin): LOOK! LEICAN! I GOT A TANNNN! (starts laughing hysterically) I'VE GOT A TAN! SO COOL!
Leican (looking at me as though I've gone mad): What's so good about a tan?
Me: HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH... I THINK TANS LOOK SEXY! (proceeds on to maniacal laughter)
A/N: this must be the aftereffects of around-the-island kayaking. PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME I AM MAD! (though I am, but still) 3. Cooking competitionCHENG HO HO HO (that's our watch's name! minus the two hos at the end) had a cooking competition with Batutta (in the end we didn't even know who won; the whole point of the dumb competition was so that we would cook fast, eat fast and clean up fast). There was one aspect: presentation. Our group decided to shape our rice into a fish shape.
Husena: Our rice is a fish shape cos of many things! Like a fish goes through a journey, with lots of ups and downs, and that describes our wonderful journey in OBS!
(instructors start checking for goosebumps) The second reason is because we saw lots of dead fishes in the sea as we were kayaking! Then also, we have a DEAD FISH in our group! And fourth reason is because we cooked tuna!
See, we are amazing. We came up with so many analogies for a fish! But Bututta was even better.
Ailin: Our oranges are appetizers! See, we put them in mesh containers! We reuse stuff! Unlike the other group... (here cheng ho began protesting violently and saying that you could reuse the disposable plates we used) And look! The oranges are like the LOVELY SMILES ON YOUR FACES! (the instructors began to shiver with goosebumps, and I began laughing so hard I bent over)
Smiles on your faces indeed, huh?
4. One thing you'll never shout in a kayak:"I'm the KING OF THE WORLD!"
5. OBS is a major propagandaAll of us started singing SINGAPORE songs in OBS, especially during trekking.
Lena: THIS IS HOMEEEEE! TRULYYYY! WHERE I KNOW I MUST BEEE! WHERE MY DREAMS WAIT FOR MEEE! WHERE THE RIVER ALWAYS FLOWSSS!
Leican (points to a muddy pool on the ground): There! River!
6. As we saw a reservoir as we trekked...Leican: Come, let's swim ACROSS!
7. The really disgusting peeIt was the fourth night where we were eating slightly burnt rice as dinner, when Lena chose to tell us this.
Lena: I heard from my friend something! An RI GUY PEE-ED INTO THE BOTTLE WHEN HE WAS KAYAKING!
Here we proceeded on to puke our rice out back into the disposable bowl.
Me: WHAT?!?
(you see, all the bottles are reused. Every bottle is reused by the next batch, and the bottles have passed from countless mouths to our mouths)
Someone: Oi! People are eating here!
Another person: Luckily you never tell us on the first day...
Lee Qi: I HOPE HE IS NOT FROM CHENG HO...
8. My reaction when I found that we had hot steaming milo on the third dayMe: OH MY GOD! OH MY GODDDDD! GOD! MILO! MILO!!! OH MY GOD!!!
9. Silence is greenHusena: Shh! SILENCE IS GOLDEN!
Me: Why can't silence be blue? Or pink? Red? Orange? Yellow? GREEN?
Husayna: YAH! SILENCE IS GREEN!
10. Before I went abseiling downMe: Daveen, remember my will ok!
Steven: Whoa! You got will ah!
Me: Aiyah, don't worry. Inside got nothing for you!
Steven: OI. Don't forget, your life is in my hands...
11. When Lee Qi found out I knew guys and green day songsLee Qi: WHAT! You know guys!
(I proceeded to glare at her)
Lee Qi: You just don't seem the type to know guys...
Later, when I sang Wake me up when september ends with themLee Qi: YOU KNOW ENGLISH SONGS TOO?
Me: What!
Lee Qi: You don't look like the type to know english songs! Especially green day!
Yes, thank you very much people! I know I look very sweet and innocent and protected and nice!
12. The funnest moment of Husayna's journey in OBSHusena (while she was pushing the ponchos down further into the tub to soak them): Whoa! THIS IS THE FUNNEST MOMENT IN OBS MAN! SO FUN!
(I proceeded to turn on the tap violently and suddenly, causing water to spray everywhere)
Husena: OI!
(after which I opened my eyes wide and looked very innocent)
13. Steven's reaction to finding out we have a 19-year-old teacherSteven: Whoa! Nineteen ah! Introduce leh!
Husena: Ok, no problem! We take a picture of you and put it on Inet and then announce over the PA system, "All single female teachers between 19 to 22, please go to Inet and check out the picture! All interested females, please sign up outside the notice board!"
14. The talkative fishLena: I tell you ah, Si yi can talk everywhere! All of us sleep liao she can keep talking to herself! (imitates Si yi) "Whoa nice socks!" "Oh, thank you thank you!" (both said by Si Yi)
15. The sandfly danceSi Yi: WAH LAO LEH. STUPID SAND FLIES KEEP BITING ME. (proceeds on to jump about, hop about and turn about) I JUMP AND JUMP SEE WHETHER YOU CAN BITE ME OR NOT!
16. What caused the fishes to dieLei Can: OI DEAD FISH! Stop singing! You sing liao all the dead fishes come floating on the surface of the sea!
17. Looking for a soulHusena: Oi! Dead fish looking for her "soul"! (Si yi was looking for her sole of her shoe)
18. What we did when we found an ant hive on the patch of grassSi Yi: Quick! Pour water on them!
19. The dotted peopleJoy: Dot dot dot...
Lena: Dots.
(later on to Husayna)
Joy: Don't be dotted!
20. Zhi Hua's not herself!Fine, this isn't OBS. Zhi Hua went home on the 3rd day (she didn't even trek! She did NOTHING!) because her poor grandfather died. When I came back, I found out that Zhi Hua is not Zhi Hua and has been possessed.
Me: I won't go for people like
that! Not my type! And besides, I won't go for guys over
20, for god's sake. My taste's not that bad!
Zhi Hua: OI! ARE YOU INSULTING ERIK?!
Me: HEH.
Zhi Hua: Don't insult him! I PUNJAB YOU!
0.0!!! Punjab?!?
Our OBS photo:

HAHA. Now I'm tanner! But sadly I think it'll go away soon... ):
Some people I didn't mention but were great are: Lim Jie (Arias!), Stacey (these are the two doing the split), Daveen (she's so nice that she laughs at all our lame jokes and agrees to almost everything), Ya shan (the judo person!), Zhi min (she carried the medical pouch most of the time... sorry zhimin!) and lots lots lots lots more! Of course, this is only one half of our class; the other half's great too!
Leican: I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!
Me: I WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT!
Leican: Ok ah, you say one. From now on 5 kg of my weight will go to you. You go tell those teachers that.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, January 21
12:39 PM