RG debate rocks!
Today was quite a nice day, if I do say so myself. I finally begin to see hope as a ray of sunshine in the dark horizon... hee hee. hyperboles! anyway. I finally begin to see hope for rgdebate, for guess what?
We. Finally. Have. A. Coach!
Yay! His name is David Pflug or something. Apparantly he was from acsi and acjc, and was the captain of the acjc debate team... 0_0 whoa. Okayy... we were sort of dreading debate since our standards were all so low (the lowest being mine) and we even asked Mr Toh whether he had warned him about our debating standards.
"But of course! Not telling him would be... sort of decieving him wouldn't it?"
"No, it would be SUICIDAL." exclaimed A.J.
But I must admit, I really learnt a lot from debate today, though the topic is one long overused -- Euthanasia. Though it was euthanasia, I STILL screwed up as usual -- though anyway I did third, which is one position I NEVER do, except for my disastrous first debate since I joined RGdebate and have never since attempted to do it again. In fact, I was rather reluctant to do it -- but guess what? Yes, I was FORCED to by my seniors who were equally persistant in maintaining their stand of not debating.
So me, being the poor poor junior, lost.
And therefore David Pflug got a taste of my lousy debating skills. Talk about bad first impressions.
At least I hit 5 minutes -- a fact that is worthy to be proud of. tee hee.
And he blamed it on our short prep time of half an hour though in truth it wasn't... but we'll just let him be deceived for another week before finding out the truth.
Next Wednesday, our motion: THW tie developmental aid to human rights.
Don't ask me what it means, for right now I have no idea either -- being the one with devastating general knowledge.
And another thing that made this day quite nice: Mr Toh has agreed to think about our proposal of accepting sec ones!
LALALALA. RG DEBATE HAS HOPE HOPE HOPE!
I hope one day I'll see my schoolmates get the JGs trophy which actually rightfully belongs to RG seeing that our dear seniors won it once when JGs first started instead of letting it time and time again go to AC or RI.
I hope that we'll finally accept sec ones such that our population will increase in size instead of being pathetic in numbers. And also we'll get better debaters if we get them from sec ones as by sec twos, most of them already have ccas and aren't really interested in joining a second one.
I must say, he is comparitively a MUCH better coach than he-who-shall-not-be-named. He taught us how to tackle the motion, and I learnt a lot of things I never knew before.
Luckily, as I've debated today, I won't need to debate in the next debate. I SUCK at principle debates. Or anything that has anything to do with EU or UN or third world countries, which bring to mind Africa the moment you hear the phrase, though you know that they don't only comprise of it.
Lovely. (: I look forward to debating next year. Can't wait to go support my seniors in JGs and my juniors (right now non-existant) in Youth 14s...
RG debate rocks my socks!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Monday, September 12
7:20 PM