Our DYING population
Looking through the newspapers (this is VERY rare okay?), I saw something that made my eyes pop out with springs out of my sockets and bounce all the way to Mars.
There were only 35,100 babies in 2004!That figure is so astonishing, I feel a sense of desolation for the future of Singapore.
In our year, we had over 50,000 people taking PSLE.That's almost 20,000 babies more than the number of babies in 2004. SHUCKS I TELL YOU. Singapore's gonna DIE if this continues. And not only figuratively, LITERALLY.
I mean, what would happen when, the bulk of the population who are in their 30s to 50s, um, die? Then we'll be left with a MEAGRE number of people. And we all know that Singapore has
no resources except for us people.
So why has our dear country landed in such a state of desperation?
Perhaps our standard of living is too high... maybe the government should start starving the citizens or something. Hee. It's cos so many people don't want to give birth to babies that would
decrease their income as they want MORE money to do MORE stuff. The sad truth of human nature.
Either that, or they only give birth to 1 baby. That way they don't have to channel so much of their money into their children, and yet still can have "family happiness" and someone to take care of them when they are old. And we all know, ahem, from our enriching geography, that the replacement level should be 2.1 babies per woman to replace the population.
And the current replacement level in 2004 is only
1.3. How sad is that?
We are so gonna
die if we don't start doing something.
MORE BABIES, people, MORE BABIES!If not, we are going to have this vicious cycle. Little babies = little people = worse economy = less people who immigrate into our country = lesser population = lesser babies = country DIE. Not a nice prospect, I can tell you.
Therefore. From now on, to make up for the loss of babies these recent years, we have to produce at least 3 babies per woman. yay.
Otherwise, face a decline in economy and country because of your selfishness.
---
With regards to swearing to blog only twice a week, I've, um, decided that it should only start next week. Hee. My lack of self control displays itself prominently here.
TOMORROW'S MY ORALS!
I've been practising, but I keep stammering. Eew. Not a good sign.
And I am bored tired of An Inspector Calls, our stupid lit drama for this year when last year sec 3s did Romeo and Juliet, which is so much nicer. You can go memorise all the cheesy lines from the drama and start irritating everyone within close proximity.
I know there's something about Juliet being the sun and the moon. (: heeeee...
Disgusting lines from AIC:Inspector: "But she became your mistress?"
Gerald: "Yes, I suppose it was inevitable. She was YOUNG and PRETTY and WARM-HEARTED -- "
*btw, for those who are confused, Gerald already has a girlfriend at that time... Note: to become someone's mistress inevitably, you just have to be "young and pretty and warm-hearted". Excellent reasons, seriously.*
Gerald: "So I INSISTED on Daisy moving into these rooms and I made her take some money to keep her going there. I want you to understand that I didn't INSTALL her there so that I could MAKE LOVE to her."
*yeah. how nice. ulterior motives, anyone?*
Inspector: "You went with her to her lodgings that night?"
Eric: "Yes, I insisted -- it seems. I'm not very clear about it, but afterwards she told me she didn't want me to go in but that -- well, I was in THAT STATE when a chap easily turns nasty
-- and I threatened to make a row."
*THAT state refers to him being HORNY. and, by rights, if you want to be picky about this, it's considered rape as the female has already said "no" to the male's sexual advances and once there's a refusal but the man still doesn't back off, it's rape.*
During lesson I was sniggering away to myself and suggesting to Xin Er that it was so sad that the groups didn't choose to RE-ENACT those scenes with Gerald and Eva or Eric and Eva. Xin Er looked at me astoundingly and shockingly and proclaimed me to be utterly dirty minded, all the while going "Oh man" away.
Heeeeee... (:
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, September 18
11:52 PM