Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING beats home!

HAHAHA! Though Thailand has EXCELLENT service and CHEAP INEXPENSIVE goods, I still LOVE Singapore. (:

Oh yeah. As you all will have noticed, I changed my blog URL. And I didn't bother to ask you all to relink lah, automatic one right? I figured that there's no use asking those who don't even bother to go my blog to relink.

And replies to tags! (I've so long wanted to do this!)

SYY: haha, went to your blog liao! Nice blog template! But I can't see the words I type on your chatterbox... sigh.

Zhi Hua: Yeah, I'm back! Missed Maplestory a whole lot the whole day I was in Thailand...

Jovel: Thanks! (: But actually, at least one thing is true lah... I am short! haha. thanks anyway, and love you!

Ok, back to proper proper blogging. Sigh. I shall bore you all with details of my Bangkok trip. (:

Being the ignorant suah-gu person I am, I have only ridden on an airplane ONCE and that was when I was four, so I can't exactly remember a lot of stuff. Anyway, I was quite terrified, my mind coming out of a million possibilities why the airplane won't reach the destination safely...

1) Terrorists might come on board and ask the pilot to crash the plane onto some stupid building
2) The pilot might be sleepy and crash the plane himself onto some stupid building

3) Something in the airplane might not work suddenly and we'll crash into some stupid building

And a million others, most ending with a crash onto some stupid building but some ending with a crash into the ocean. So I was fervently praying away and saying my last words, not that anyone could hear them... I even saved a few smses as drafts so that if ever there is a possibility that any of such things happen, someone could read my handphone for my last words (not that my handphone could survive the crash better than I can... oh well). haha... to my great relief, nothing happened and therefore I am here blogging.

The airplane we took to Bangkok rocks lah! The whole trip went quite smoothly, and the view was fabuuuulous! Saw lots of lovely white cotton clouds UNDERNEATH us, a DIFFERENT view from our mundane views of clouds above us all the time. They looked extremely bounce-able... in fact I was quite tempted to go jumping around in the clouds and sleeping there. ahhh...

And from above in the airplane, the sky looked like a lake while the cotton clouds looked like bubbles. And the buildings underneath, if we could see them, looked like those underwater lake mud or plants, which were quite cool. When the plane was descending you could see those tiny tiny little cars moving about, and they were soooo cute! The buildings were like minature models of those bungalows they always use to promote their bungalows.

We checked into a hotel called Baiyoke Sky Hotel, and it was the tallest tower in thailand, with 83 floors! SO HIGH! We got 2 rooms on the 58th floor, and the view was super nice at night with all the little lights. For once in my 14 years I finally get a room with my sister ONLY, and we didn't have to squeeze into this tiny tiny bed. (:

Kay lah. There are bad and good sides to every country, so I shall list out a few bad sides to Bangkok...

1) The streets are SUPER polluted AND congested. After you leave the highway, those roads are so thin you could hardly imagine riding on them. I feared for everyone's lives on those roads, and the car was like going bump bump bump all along. And when you get off and land beside the roads, you breathe in LOTS AND LOTS of carbon monoxide. I tell you ah, you live there got 75% chance you can get cancer one... haha... cos you breathe in so much carbon monoxide what. And lots of people smoke there, even in air-coned places! The hotel lobby seemed to have a tinging scent of smoke all the time. BLEAH.

And not to mention, the electrical/phone wires hanging above were numerous and super tangled and messy.

2) The buildings are dirty and... short.

It's just that I got so used to seeing tall high-rise buildings that it feels very weird to see those short short buildings. And they're not bungalow or terrace short either. They are these short OLD buildings with not-so-nice designs. And they are quite dirty as well, you can see the dirt contrasting with the white paint.

3) Some clothes are... not-so-nice.

Really. Looking at them, I wonder how people can actually design such clothes. bleagh.

Ok... I suppose that's roughly all? Otherwise it's quite a nice place. (: the good side!

1) Service, as everyone says, is really good. Those staff go "Sawadeeka" everywhere you go, and offer help all the time. To tell you the truth, I felt a bit awkward... it's just that I am quite used to going everywhere with everyone ignoring me. Then it's like here we have to watch our movements more since the staff's watching us. Sigh. But otherwise the service's quite good. (:

The hotel rooms are better equipped than any other hotels I went... they even have a TORCHLIGHT, a BATHROBE, fluffy SLIPPERS, instant noodles (ok fine, it's in the mini bar) etc etc. And the bathroom's super nice, there's this nice little bath tub(which a lot of hotels have I know) and this showering room beside it! Like this glass cabinet with the shower inside... separate from the bath tub. (: Cool...

2) Nice cheap stuff! Ok that's what everyone says too. haha. Saw lots of people buying HUGE BULKS of stuff... bet they are all going back to their country to sell.

But actually got alot of mao4 pai2 stuff... haha.

On the second day we went on this tour and this boat trip. Pictures coming up!

Say cheese and smile! My cute cute brother. (:

The clear blue sky... with a tower piercing through it... ahhh.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I like this bridge a lot! Don't you think it looks nice against the sky?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Then afterwards we stopped a while to visit this temple. The works were all made by bowls and ceremic stuff and it was really well made with attention paid to details.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Got back up the boat after buying this pair of nice shoes... my sister calls them "peacock shoes". haha...

We saw this cool floating market! It was actually little canoes rowed by people selling stuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kay lah. getting quite lazy liao. Basically we shopped and shopped and bought lots of cheap and nice stuff, and finally HOME SWEET HOME!


I LOVE SINGAPORE!


All the trees, the not-too-polluted-or-congested-streets, the tall and clean buildings, THE TREES!


And guess what I discovered during the trip:


I AM ADDICTED TO MILO


Seriously. On the second day in the middle of the night i suddenly had this really unsuppressable urge for milo... and i realized that I've gone through everyday with at least a drink of milo. haha. cos we didn't have any milo in the hotel, I said I could make do with tea... but my sis told me that tea had ran out! I was so so horrified. Grabbing the torchlight(it was the middle of the night remember?) we started a frantic search for tea, and luckily, thank god, TEA WAS FOUND. AHHH... my life saver,though milo would have been better. (:


No milo, I will DIE or KILL SOMEONE. haha.


Second night I couldn't sleep. Maybe it was because of the tea I had in the middle of the night. But my mind kept drifting to lots of stuff like maplestory... haiz. seriously addicted.
It drifted to you and him you and him you and him. I dreamt of you and him for lots of nights.


Final pic of me posing... (trying to act like a LADY but failed miserably. haha)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Finally finish liao. (:


Going for a debate spar this friday. Told Ruiling that I DO NOT WANT TO DEBATE cos I know I will malu myself... haiz. but then she said need two teams, so ask us to be prepared. sigh.


If there's one thing that I have really low self esteem in, it's debate. haha.


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Wednesday, September 7 6:13 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling