Winning and losing
Losing is never easy.
It seriously sucks to say, "It's ok. We gained experience from it." But perhaps it's just me.
I feel really touched by their togetherness. Their bond. It's really unique beyond words. To feel that kind of unity with your team. I don't think we have really achieved that yet, but we shall. Mark my words.
Rui ling. Kristin. Jill. Hong Chuan. Grace. And me. The only RGS debate sec 2 members currently, if Grace can be counted since I haven't seen her in a single debate practice since Youth 14s. I would like to say, you all really are very good debaters with unique styles. Thank you for the wonderful time I had when we were prepping for Youth 14s though we lost to SC during quarters. I love you all. And rest assured, we shall clinch a trophy one day.
My secondary school goal, as known to zhi hua and hui min, is to beat a certain school. That school if revealed to you will seem really surprising to you, for after all we are not supposed to be competing against each other. But for me, yes. In both my ccas, that school is one of the strongest, and I feel indignant at that. An impossible dream maybe, but a dream nevertheless. If not debate, then chinese drama.
Winning is not important -- is that true? Winning might not be the most important, but important nevertheless. Who wouldn't want to see this shiny little trophy on their dresser? And I have yet to see one there yet.
The best is yet to be. An inspirational message. I shall strive to be the best, and better than the best.
But sometimes I can't help wondering. Will there be a best?
Me being the pessimistic person that I am, this thought is not surprising at all.
One day, I shall beat that school with my team. We shall win a trophy of something. We shall be daughters of a better age. Filiae Melioris Aevi. Thinkers, leaders, pioneers.
RG rocks, and forever rocks my socks.
I love all of you all who have accompanied me through my years in rgs, the most significant ones being Zhi Hua, Hui Min, Sheena, Rui ling, Kristin, Hong Chuan, Jill, Hui Yi, Kylie, Alison, Meera, Jay, Jing Wei, Dianne, Nicola, Eli, Mel Ho, Fiona, Maria, Jean, Jesu, Joanne, Yu Ling, Eunice and a lot more. I love all of you who have made my times fun and memorable. I love all of you who have accompanied me through my years in primary 5 and 6, the most significant ones being Evelyn, Sabina, Cindy, Sandra, Jia Mei, Yee Wei. I love the guys who have spiced up my life a lot, like Jefferson, Yi Geng, Calvin, Hui Wen, Brendan, Quan Xiang, and weirdly even the irritating head prefect whom I take great pleasure in irritating. Not forgetting of course the people I know of recently, like Edmond, Sam Chan, David Crawshaw, Lis, Sarah, Lloyd, Adwyn, Paul Chu, Kristi, Danielle, Chen Ming, Jovel, Jaz, Kaleni, Danitza, Yanne, Amanda, Yuan Kheng. And of course my childhood friends such as Andrea. (: Oh yeah, most importantly my family as well -- zhi hui, zong xian, mum, dad, both grandmas, both grandpas, ah bit, jia qing, ah sang, ah hao, ah xuan, jing he, ri jing.
Writing all this out makes me feel really blessed and fortunate to have such great people with me. Perhaps sometimes we do need to get reminded of the people we have around us to lighten us up instead of taking everything for granted.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Thursday, July 28
10:05 PM