Unlucky stuff (a bug, a booking and a bombing)
Well, I fell asleep yesterday seriously early because of pure exhaustion at staying up late every night till 2am or later. I actually set my alarm clock to ring at 1 am but i woke up like 20 minutes before 1 am and decided that I wanted to sleep on after all and thus set it off. One can never stop me when I am in the middle of a really nice sleep... not even the ever-exciting internet.

But seriously, the moment I opened my eyes today my first coherent thought was to switch on the computer. However, thanks to the amazing willpower I had I managed to brush my teeth and eat my breakfast before I rushed here.

I declare I am going to get food poisoning. Cos yesterday, when I was having recess and gobbling down a bowl of hot prawn vermicilli(i hate those yellow noodles which they use to make prawn noodles), I saw something that caused me to drop my chopsticks immediately and manage an "EWWWW".

It was this sort of transparent-looking bug with horizontal strips across its puny little body and its two beady eyes staring at me which was in my noodles. Hidden among strands and strands of vermicilli.

I couldn't believe that I had finished half the bowl unknowingly and happily without even being aware of this idiot sharing my noodles with me.

I couldn't even imagine the millions and millions of germs it had brought to the noodles. MY noodles.

I think all the canteen vendors are out to poison me. I have been having stomach aches almost every day.

Anyway Zhi Hua suggested that I go keep the bowl as evidence and complain. I was like, "FOR WHAT?" I mean like I have already gobbled half the bowl of the disgusting noodles and complaining isn't going to un-poison me. And she was going about "well, you can get the canteen vendor fired!"

But the point is I DON'T WANT TO GET THEM FIRED! If they are fired thousands of people will want to kill me, for they are the only vendors to make decent noodles. Err. sorry store 2, for your noodles aren't that nice.

Never mind. In order for the rest of the population to keep on enjoying decent noodles, I shall sacrifice my well-being, get poisoned and not complain.

Another unlucky thing happened. The stupid maths teacher let us off later than usual, and my tie was untied. So I got Xiang Ying to tie my tie, and she hurriedly tied a bow and rushed off.

I was there fiddling with the tie, trying to make it more decent looking while rushing down. We were going to be late you see. And so we just threw our bags on the floor and rushed on to the hall...

And guess what. the hall doors closed RIGHT IN OUR FACES. Therefore, because of a mere second, we got booked.

You know what sucks? If you get booked by someone you don't know, fine. The thing that sucks is that you get booked by someone you know. Out of the prefects standing outside the hall, two of them were debators.

Ok, I don't blame them. It's just that it sucks lah.

That stupid Mr Ng asked us to go meet him because of the booking at the pavillion after assembly. Actually I didn't want to go since it was only one booking what. I went in the end since I thought he might be able to unbook us.

And what did he ask us to meet him for? TO GIVE A BLOODY LECTURE on how he did NOT let us off late, that Macey, whom he was SURE went off the LATEST, could make it in time when we couldn't (the fact was that Macey just squeezed through the doors the moment it was closing). IDIOT. I should have known better than to go see the tooty teacher.

Anyway these are all my personal insignificant matters. The worldly matter is that London got bombed. The Straits Times spent like 10 pages on reporting of that incident. London. The country who won the voting and got to host Olympics 2012 less than 24 hours before. The country who was so jubilent at winning, who was celebrating it city-wide. London.

They were jumping up in the air, punching the air with their fists, screaming and squealing that they had won. And now, they get bombed. Just when they were so happy.

I mean, if they had gotten bombed on an ordinary day when everyone was just going about their ordinary stuff and not celebrating, fine. But the fact remains is that this thing happened right in the midst of their happiness. It's just like a railway track going up the mountain. Suddenly when the train hasn't even started going down, the railway track breaks off and runs off to the side of the cliff, causing the train to fly off the cliff and go straight down. Down, down, down.

Talk about putting a damper in their happiness. More than a damper. It's like tearing their happiness apart.

Just what the hell is that stupid Al Qaeda up to again? I guess it just drives home the message that we can't let our guard down no matter what occasion it is. At least the casualty numbers aren't as bad as 911.

If it can happen in London, it can definitely happen in Singapore.

On our way back in the mrt, I told Hui min to look out for suspicious-looking people and call 999 whenever she spotted one. And she whispered to me, "How about that guy with the red t-shirt sitting behind you?"

I turned around and almost burst out in laughter. That red T-shirt uncle had this weird looking goatee which he was busy plucking away and there was this gigantic mole beside his goatee. And his eyes were these beady eyes trying to concentrate on plucking his goatee.

"That is NOT a suspicious looking person!" I told her, and we turned to face that guy again and started giggling away again.

Never mind.

Today I had to stay back for sucky ivp again. This idiotic ivp is causing me to miss everything. My ccas, my sl sessions and all. Anyway while we were busy making our stupid prototype, I was debating away to myself. hahaha. First the motion was, "THBT Mrs Leung(our sucky ivp mentor who loves to tell us to HURRY UP and then when we submit that piece of whatever she says to hurry up on, she doesn't look at it and procastinates away) is an idiot". Hui Min was like, "HAHAHA. You can't debate on that motion since there's no opposition party!"

Then the motion went on to "THBT Hui Min likes Qi Wen(Wei Xia's brother)"...Cos she was gushing about Gun Bound and Maplestory and then telling us about her and Qi Wen's conversations in them. And so while I was debating away she was vehemently denying it, protesting that she likes mie better NOT Qi Wen, and how can she like him when she hasn't seen him before? HAHAHA. This shows that she does like him cos people don't deny it in a fluster when it's not true...


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, July 9 9:47 AM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling