RGS Open House
Yeah. Our house opened today.
Never mind. that was lame... Anyway I don't know why, but people seem to like today a lot. Today is our open house day, today is the day Harry Potter book gets out, today is the day where the P5s go watch their N.E. show(I know cos my sis is P5).And I am sure today is the day for a lot of other stuff as well.
What's up with today, I wonder? People seem to think 16/7 is an auspicious date.
Anyway. So we had our open house today. I don't think it was really fruitful. The primary school people aren't interested in ccas anyway. They have this misconception that studies is more important than anything else. Those who don't have this misconception excel in a cca and therefore already know what cca to join. Therefore I proclaim having ccas during open house is stupid. The school only wants to show off its
diversity of ccas.
Yeah, right. If this stupid core and merit system continues they will no longer have their
diversity of ccas.
Never mind. So I went around scaring a lot of people, not only the primary school people. After all, debate doesn't accept sec 1s do we?
Not that we don't want to. Not enough manpower. Or should I say, womanpower. We don't even have a pathetic coach. The school refuses to spend a lot of money on us cos we don't achieve a lot of medals for them. Yet when they don't spend money, we don't have a good coach, and we don't achieve even more medals. Vicious cycle. I hate the stupid school. All the policies and changes are so stupid and for the worse.
They even went to ban cookies and coke. How bad can that be?
And so I intimidated them into listening to me launch into my lengthy speech of why debate/chinese drama is very fun and nice and good and why they should join them.
But at least that part was quite fun. Compared to the stupid IVP shift.
Never mind. Sigh. Feeling especially crappy, bitchy etc.
This is such a crap entry. Don't mind me. I like the apple crumbles they were baking in the kitchen... sneaked in 3 into my mouth and was going on the 4th one when I was stopped by the stupid teacher there.
Sigh.
One bright spot of the day was that I increased yet another level in maple story! LALALA... and if you are reading this Edmond, which I doubt, thanks for the 3000 mesos... (:
Oh yeah. Forgot to add in. During my debate shift we were playing the finals of JGs on Huiyi's laptop... in which RI and ACSI were debating against each other. We kept going back to the part where Joshua was debating (not that we could hear anything in the din of the canteen) cos my seniors(at least, Nicola) thinks he's the "prettiest out of all the debaters"... haha, we even proclaimed him as our mascot for rgs debate!
When I was looking at our debate achievements I found out an ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING fact: WE WON JGS IN 1998!!!
Oh my god. I simply cannot believe it. Like, rgs debate now isn't that good right? Apparantly before us we had much better seniors who were more enthusiatic about debate... OH MY GOD.
I nearly fainted in shock.
But that proves one thing doesn't it? We can actually do it. That is, with the help of a good coach.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, July 16
10:15 PM