Holidaying and shopping away
Yes, me melody lee zhi xin is finally back in singapore. miss me guys? haha.
I shall proceed on to give a detailed account of my wonderful stay of 3 days and 2 nights in Kuala Lumpur. Though I think this is seriously going to bore you all out... you'll be sound sleeping in front of the computer screen in five seconds flat. No? Haha. if not that proves my story-telling skills are superb.
Let's see. After having my butt stuck to the seat for 5 hours of the gruelling ride we finally arrived at the capital city of Malaysia. To us mere tourists however Kuala Lumpur seemed to be a maze of roads and we were like lab rats running inside the maze and trying to find a way out. Or rather, a way to our destination. Making wrong turns seemed to be more often then making the correct ones. And so we had to stop along the way, asking for directions while some locals looked at us disbelievingly wondering why the hell we don't know how to maneuver our way around this simple and uncomplicated city.
I have to say, it's nice to see Summit again especially after all the wrong turns and questions. The hotel rooms were as comfortable as I remembered. The room was bathed in a soft warm yellow glow and there were two thick sheets of blankets on the bed, which kept me warm and snuggled up like a little mouse in a nest. We got the seventeenth floor of the hotel, but it wasn't much of a scenary. All we could see were boring old roof tops with peeling paint and dirty stains. The night scenary was better since all the dirtiness was covered by the darkness and only the bright and colourful lights could be seen, together with all the toy cars and their blinking headlights.
Ok, I shall not bore you with details on how we spent the 3 days. I shall omit all redundant stuff and tell you all the important details. In summary, summarise. Haha.
For this short trip of 3 days, we shopped and shopped and shopped. And shopped. And spent like siao. I never knew my family had this hidden shopping ability in our blood. All I can say is that we went crazy or something. There seemed to be endless possibilities on what we could buy, and since there were sales everywhere the clothes were cheaper than usual. And so we zoomed around the shopping centre, trying out numerous clothes that have caught our fancy. I did see a few skirts that I would have loved to buy, however, they were sadly out of my grasping hands' reach since I had not enough of those paper stuff that are the absolute to survive in this world. Haiz. haha.
We went to Sunway Lagoon the second day. I thorougly enjoyed most of the rides. Notice MOST. There was one ride that was downright terrifying. Seriously. It was a damn scary experience that made me swear never to get within ten feet of the likes of it ever again in my safe and sheltered life. I, after all, wanted to live as long as possible. That ride probably took twenty years off my life. URGH.
That was a rollar coaster ride. I SHOULD have known better than to ride it. Some devil posessed me or something. Must be my mum. She wanted to ride on it while I was hesitating away, looking at the height of the track and the steepness of the bend. After all, what was the harm of it? If I felt scared, I could just close my eyes and everything would be over shortly. I seriously regret ever having listened to her. URGH... And so I got on the rollar coaster with sweaty palms and a notion that I was going to die. I gripped onto the bar which clicked on with a sickening thud that announced that it was too late to get off the rollar coaster.
So the rollar coaster climbed slowly and painfully up the railway track while I awaited my death sentence. The first ride down was not too bad, leading me to breathe a sigh of relief and thinking that the worst was over. And boy was I ever so damn wrong.
Before i even had time to mentally prepare my poor heart, the rollar coaster went with a speed of a zooming aeroplane down the track. We swerved terrifiying left and right, and I closed my eyes tight, praying that I would live to see Singapore. And so the rollar coaster swerved left and right, and we lurched up, and I think that had not it been for our loose seat belt we would have fell down to our deaths and it would have not been pretty. I closed my eyes through the whole thing all the while hoping that the rollar coaster wouldn't go for a second round. And when it was all over I opened my eyes to a spinning world and feeling seriously numb and dizzy. I got myself stiffly out of the rollar coaster while my head was spinning around. My sister was worse than me. She had knocked her poor ear on the side of the rollar coaster while it was lurching left and it was hurting painfully. Her ear had turned into a pale shade of red. Thankfully there was no blood. Only my mother seemed to have been the most unaffected one. I seriously admire her. Thirty something and had gone through a rollar coaster ride with barely an affected heart. URGH. She must be some mutated person. Either that or she thinks us kids are more terrifying than a mere rollar coaster ride.
After the rollar coaster ride we went to the wet side of Sunway lagoon, which basically means swimming pools and slides. I was however too dizzy to enjoy anything, and I felt plainly sick of the whole thing. We rented 2 floats and floated down the "river" and that was pretty enjoyable, had not it been for one fact. I lost my googles there.
yes, my newly-bought googles!!!! it was $8!!!
$8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My heart hurts. The day seemed to have gotten worse. I mean, it was only a matter of minutes after we discovered it was missing, and yet while we seached the whole pool there was nothing to be seen. Not even a trace of it. Some idiot, son-of-a-bitch took it. IDIOT!!!!!! Shitty idiot. I hope he dies a horrible death. I hope he gets knocked down by a car, gets striked by lightning, or fall of a building accidentally. I hope he gets decapitated, sliced into a million trillion billion tiny pieces. URGH. it was new, for goodness sake. NEW!!! Meaning it was JUST bought! Only used for a couple of times! My beloved googles! I HATE THAT IDIOT WHO TOOK IT! After that experience I decided I didn't want to play after all and sulked at a corner, trying to see if somebody is wearing a pair of blue googles. I hate the world.After that the day improved I guess. We went to the shopping centre at Sunway Lagoon and ate. Boy, was the food expensive...Ok, was EVERYTHING expensive. Though we shopped more and bought more clothes. There was an ice-skating rink there! Though by the time we were sucked almost dry of our money and could only watch enviously. They cleared the entire huge rink for 3 ice-skaters! We, from above, watched the ice skaters perform their routine according to the music that drifted from somewhere. I am damn jealous of them! How do they do all the twirling around and going backwards and all the stuff? I really want to learn that... haha...
The third day was just more shopping and then we went back to Singapore. As usual, the queues were damn long. I hate the Singapore customs. I mean, they don't have to be that strict do they? We waited an entire one hour before we got to them loh. Wah lao leh. Waste my precious time.
So that was pretty much my holidays. There was one special thing that happened in Sunway Lagoon, though I shadn't say as it's pretty private. *grins*
now that I am back, it is time to start on the huge number of projects I have. Damn irritating man. So much
for
no homework. Yeah, right.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Sunday, June 12
2:40 PM