Boy, was I ever so wrong...
...about most of the stuff I thought. You know, if you are confused, go read my last blog entry first. I thought I was dead... haha. But in actual fact, the camp was quite fun! Except for the debates, but never mind. I discovered two things: 1) my debating skills are damn lousy and 2) I am scared of debates. But let's go on to the camp first...

It was not stay over of course, in case you all were wondering that. Just day camps. On the first day of the camp yesterday, I walked out of the MRT in Dover with a dreadful feeling. A lot of bad things had happened to me in the bus: first, my bag strap broke AGAIN! It was another bag ok? And one of my glasses lens came out because the screw chose to become loose at that moment. Great luck right?

And indeed I was the earliest among all the rgs girls yesterday. I put my bag there and saw all the scgs girls sitting behind chatting away happily. With Susanna Wong right in the middle. Boy. Just another piece of great news.

But afterwards stuff got better. I discovered, not to my surprise, that acsi guys are nice indeed! Friendly and funny, they melted away some of the tension. Especially when they came over to promote their wristbands. David crawshaw was damn funny man. "Hey, you all should buy this wristband! It goes towards the building of our new campus, towards ACSI education and therefore contributes to the education of Singapore. And it looks nice on your naked wrist too! I know it says "ACS (something, I forgot what it was)", but you see, a wristband has 2 sides! If you don't like the words, you just flip it over (he demostrates) and there! the words are gone! Are you sure you don't want to buy?"

And so we stared at him patiently, giggling away. "Hey, next one who giggles shall have to buy this wristband..." We tried to keep a straight face but did not succeed when one of us started smiling away. Haha. But we didn't buy the wristbands in the end... poor thing, wasted so much saliva. haha.

But my debates were a total flop. Let's not talk about that. Let's just say that they were complete, utter disasters, especially for the second one, with the motion being something of supporting free trade in third world countries. I completely didn't understand what the hell the other debaters were talking about. Really. They were saying something about MNCs, what pulling out, etc etc and I was there totally confused without a clue of what the hell to rebut about. Both my debates didn't even hit 4 minutes. Great right. URGH. I have debate phobia...

Anyway, the second day I was looking forward to it, since there were no debates at all! We were going around singapore to take photos, with the end destination being Sentosa. Damn fun man! But this time i was a lot earlier than before to arrive at ACSI. I mean, normally it takes (it does!) 1 and a half hour to get to ACSI from my house, therefore I set off 1 and a half hour earlier, and guess what? it took less than an hour. URGH.

At first it was really awkward, me being the only girl among all the other guys who had come. But then I got to know EDMOND and we, together with his friend Timothy, started playing cards. haha.

Today we basically fooled around, especially in Sentosa. They were dunking people in the sea! Most of the guys got dunked... haha. "You look too dry, (insert guy's name)!" Then we started cooperating, with people holding the person's legs and hands and literally throwing him into the water. haha. I didn't really join in though, I was busy photographing away. But seriously, I am not a social person, and I always don't end up in the cool crowd... but let's not divert. :)

Damn funny loh. The tasks were also damn bo liao and funny. Some of the ridiculous stuff they ask us to photograph include having 2 grp members of the opposite sex eat two ends of of french fry or spagetti, burying people in the sand, plucking a coconut, jumping in the air and making sure that it was photographed when our feet were off the ground, catwalking in orchard road etc etc. Hahaha.

All I can say it that 1)the debate camp's damn fun except for the debates and 2) ACSI guys are damn nice, friendly and funny. :D


0 flowers

0 Comments:

far and wee

you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Thursday, June 23 9:18 PM








Disclaimer: These are purely my views.
x lee zhi xin
x bayley-waddlian
x rafflesian
x 102'04, 202'05, 309'06, 409'07, 09S05C
x leo
x 7th august
x Blog template by myself
x Clip art by various websites
x Quotes by e.e. cummings
x mel_lzx22@hotmail.com
x Wordpress | Livejournal | Tumblr | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter
x 409 class blog!

Alina | Arias | Joy | Jnanee | Kevyna | Lee Qi | Leican | Lena | Melissa | Rowena | Sal | Stacey | Sze Yen | Ya Shan | Yin Fei | Zhi Hua

Audrey | Charmaine | Cheryl | Class blog | Da Shen | Geraldine | Jessie | Kwek Yong | Hui min | Macey | Sara | Sharon | Valerie | Wenda | Xiang ying | Yan Ting | Yen Yen

Adwyn | Amanda | Arathi | Celine | Danielle | Danitza | Edmond | Elizabeth | Hongchuan | Jaz | Jeannie | John Leo | Jun Hui | Kaleni | Kerry | Kristin | Kylie | Lis | Livia | Manda | Nerine | Rachel Ong | Rachel Oon | Ruiling | Sam Chan | Sarah | Paul Chu | Yanne | Yuan Kheng

Andrea | Atiqa | Cindy | Guo Jun | Hui Fen | Jean | Jefferson | Jia Yi | Jie Min | Karliang | Kersheng | Kelly | Sheena | Shi Ning | Shirleen | Soo Hiang | Thomas | Yi Tao | Yuling