Coincidences
The world is a huge huge place. It is NOT small as the song goes.
I can see why people think in terms of dimensions. Yes, time IS a 4th dimension. Just look at it this way. To meet a person you know on the streets 1)without planning and 2)without knowing he or she is going to be there, which basically means it's a total unplanned thingy, is something of great difficulty, which requires a lot, and I mean A LOT of fate, luck and
timing.
To meet, you need to be at the same place at the same time with the person, with one additional factor: you should see him or her. I mean, two people who know each other can just pass one another on the streets without seeing each other! Time: right, place: right, yet not enough fate for them to just make that additional movement of turning your head at the right timing.
A person could be doing a million and one things! To meet, both of you must have the same idea of going to a certain place at a certain time. Both must coincide. How big is a human? How big is Singapore? Though Singapore is considered to be very small on the world map, finding/meeting a person coincidentally somewhere is difficult.
Isn't it marvellous how fate works then, when you finally see someone you know on the streets? Isn't it so nice to exclaim excitedly, having this pleasant little shock in your system? I mean, in such a large Singapore(compared to the size of a human) and in so much time, you manage to get the same place and the same time as someone. Plus that bit of luck for you to spot him or her.
I don't really get a lot of coincidences, but when I do I really feel great.
It was IVP seminar today. I, armed with the Singapore Street Directory and Bus Guide, made my way uncertainly to NUS. It wasn't an easy feat when you constantly fear that you are going to get lost in the wild jungle of Jurong, or rather Clementi.
One advantage of the seminar though: we got to see LOTS of guys!!!
I admit, ever since I got into RGS I got more boy crazy. Sigh. Let's not digress...or I would have launched into my speech on how Draco Malfoy, Huo Jian Hua and Toro are so shuai, how I feel that ACSI guys are shuai, etc... You get the idea.
Anyway. Let me just reinforce my opinions which you would have heard of have you been reading my blog or talking to me that IVP TOTALLY sucks. Together with that bitch May Tan. This seminar is for the selection of projects for the fair. On one hand, if we didn't get selected, we don't have to improvise our stupid prototype which currently refuses to cooperate with us but we get killed by the bitch. On the other, if we get in, we have to improvise our prototype, which is a formidable and somewhat impossible task judging by the condition of our ladder.
Hmm. Let's talk about the presentation first. ACSI guys obviously weren't prepared... and their presentations weren't really interesting (I know, I like them but hey! I AM an objective person! :D) but you have to admit, their prototypes are cool and at least they do work (unlike ours). RI had more style. Love their power point slides... they were really stylish! Though whether all of them worked was still not known. :D I feel that Xin Er and Geraldine's presentation is the best... everyone was talking about it. Hope ours is fine...
Anyway, finally we come back to the main topic of my post which loves to beat about the bush. The main point is, I met someone I knew today! Fine. I wasn't that elated since I didn't exactly know him very well, but the point is, I KNEW him!
At first I was wondering why he looked so familiar and where I had seen him before. Then when I finally connected his face to the image in my large database of storage files in my brain, I paced around, deliberating whether I should go up and say hi to him and confirm that I have indeed met him before, not having some illusions or something.
After pacing around and spinning my mind for how many million times, weighing the pros and cons and deciding that there weren't enough to be weighed thus throwing the weighting machine away, I decided to approach him.
My opportunity arose when he broke apart from his crowd and went to get another helping of chicken wing. He was from dunman high by the way, and now that I think of it, I have no idea why I somehow already had this idea that he was in Dunman High when I haven't seen him since P5 where he was in the same tuition as me. Perhaps some people just look as though they belong in a school already before they go there.
Haha, at first he didn't recognise me... I went there, tapped his shoulder, and said, "Have I seen you before?" He glanced puzzledly at me and said decisively, "No, I don't think so..." Then I went, "No, I am sure I have seen you before. Were you in Han tuition centre?" "Yeah, how did you know?" His face began to show some interest in the conversation instead of being totally eagar in going back to his friends. "Hmm... I remember you... you were sitting in the front with your cousin... Was it P6?"I asked him. "No, it's P5..." "Yeah, I know you! You are the noisy noisy one sitting in front..."(haha... that wasn't exactly a nice thing to tell him, but well, it was true! His cousin and he always got scolded for being too noisy... not exactly scolded lah, as in told off).
His face began to have a flicker of recognition. "Hey... I think I remember you... were you the one sitting at the back?" "Yeah, I always sat behind you and your cousin..." And from here onwards the conversation didn't proceed much and he got back to his friends. While I have this strange nice feeling that one gets when one meets his or her friend/s on the street.
It's always nice to meet people you know outside. :D
Just something that is too coincidental. You know the guy who sits in front of me, the one who got my stable bullet attacks? Guess what? First, he was in the same chinese tuition centre in P6, which basically means I see him 6 times a week including school days until he quitted to go another tuition centre. Then, I met him AGAIN this year in my english tuition until
I quitted. Haha, exact opposite situations... english:chinese, he quit:I quit (I know I am lame, you don't have to tell me that) Kinda TOO conincidental, don't you think?
My P6 class is having a mini class gathering! And guess what... sigh.... the guy, who was in the front of the queue with me in P6 (you know, we always have those queues in which we go according to height, which basically means his height was a few cm taller only) has suddenly grown a spurt and is now 161? cm while I am still stuck at 148. Ugh. How??? I must change my target immediately... From now on I shall skip vigorously and drink lots of calcium... I aim to grow at least 10cm by the gathering which is impossible of course but I can try can't I? haha. Or else very malu one leh. Sigh.
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Tuesday, May 31
1:26 AM