Chinese Drama is the greatest thing EVER
I LOVE CHINESE DRAMA!!!
It totally rocks and rules! The performance was a complete success! :D We had a full house. All the seats were so squashed with people that we had to add another 3 rows of chairs! All sorts of people strode in the KS Chee Theatre while we were forced to stay under the stairs against our wills and all the while trying to peek out at the overwhelming crowds.
It was totally an experience. While under the ink dark stairs which was consistantly a potential danger to our poor bare feet, we counted down to the minutes left for our performance. There were countless stuff that could go wrong: the position when we went out, the stage lines, the blowing of the candles, the actions we did, the props' position, the lights, the music, EVERYTHING! But that was the day we were all waiting for, the day for which we practised for over and over again, the day when everything could either go right or wrong.
Before that we had a full run again. I had to rush off to talk to the bitch, and guess what? Turns out that she had asked chao ying and ke xin over to talk to her too, so I had to stand there tapping my foot and looking at my watch every 2 seconds for 10 minutes straight. Then since I was feeling very hungry, I flew to the canteen, bought a bun, gobbled it down but as I was worried for my two huge bags of goodies and that I would be late, I threw the half eaten bun into the not-yet-fully-opened dustbin and rushed off to the K S Chee. Turns out that I didn't have to worry after all, but cos I didn't want anyone to look at my goodies before I gave them to them, I squashed the 2 huge bags into my bad, and guess what? I SUCCEED!!! Incredible isn't it? I am so fantastic! :D
Then I realised that we were supposed to meet at the AVA, not the KS Chee, and so I grabbed my bag and hurried up the stairs of the KS Chee. There, I met some of the people who had got there in time but before we started chatting away happily our directors boomed in a commanding voice for us to get to the KS Chee RIGHT NOW for our full run before the performance. So we obediently strode off to the KS Chee, and there we began chatting away again. Hopeless aren't we?
Though I wasn't the one chatting... As you can see, I told you I don't really talk a lot to people I am 1) not comfortable with and 2)don't really have something in common with. And so I sat there looking at the people talking, and there I noticed that the guy wasn't talking as well. It must be pretty awkward to be the only guy in a group of girls...In fact, i can count the no. of sentences I said to him: 2!!! haha... one was to ask him whether he was bored, in which he replied no and went on to recite his lines, and the other was to give him the goodie. Pathetic isn't it? but I am sure it was better than some others who didn't talk to him at all... haha...
And so we ran through the whole thing, ate our dinner, changed into our costumes, put on make-up and played. Guess what we played? We spun a pen and played truth and dare! haha... But the person whom the pen was pointing to didn't get to chose whether she wanted a truth or a dare. WE chose for her! Too bad I didn't get to have a turn though... time was too short and the pen didn't point to me.
Anyway, here are some of the ridiculous stuff people were forced to do: Sophia was given 3 options (Jun Li, Wen Jun(you know, the guy who acted as a woman in the competition and followed us home) and Kenneth Wee) and asked who she wanted to shag... haha... and she replied "Kenneth Wee"! haha... Mel ho even got a recording of that! Then Eleanor was forced to stand on a chair at the back of the AVA and say "Jack, I am flying! I am flying!" with a romantic voice (she had to do this twice since she said it anyhow for the first time.... haha...), Mel Ho and Jean were forced to put on their blouses over their costume and take them off while we sang "tuo4 diao4, tuo4 diao4!" (Mel Ho did this very well while Jean didn't really do it...it took a lot of saliva to get her even to stand up and get her jacket and go to the centre of the AVA!), Benita was forced to do pole dancing over the OHP (in which she mostly just shook the OHP instead of her butt) and Ada was forced to go up to the guy and say: you look GOOD today! hahahahaha... It was damn funny I tell you. I love that game! :D
And then we practised our voices, and had to say "aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" to Tianni our bian4 tai4 director... haha... If you didn't say it loud enough you have to repeat over and over again you know! Then we crawled under the stairs and began our long-suffering wait.
Pretty soon the wait was over and we were glad to hear the laughter over the MCs' act. Then we crawled out from under the stairs and the music floated in, flooding the KS Chee with a kind of sad emotion. The lights went on, and the performance started. To tell you the truth, xun2 performance was the easiest I think(at least, for those black-clothes people) for we were under the masks. It wasn't a piece of cake though. We had to exaggerate our actions since the audience couldn't see our faces' emotions. Ada got the toughest job, and she did it really well.
Then on to the second play. The guy was seriously funny I tell you. All the laughter was directed at him... plus his yellow socks and cross-lines over his socks were hilarious and ridiculous. His hair was also plastered down, though he didn't look as tooty as last time. haha...
And finally it was the third play, in which I was also acting in besides the first one. Haha, I kept worrying we(me and my "mum") were too slow in our cue (since she told me that she couldn't well walk fast with those killer high heels that were really killing her feet), that my stage position would be wrong etc etc. But in the end it turned out quite well... haha...
It was pretty emotional when we got to the last part where we sang our chinese drama song. The guy really memorised the whole song just for us! So nice right? Then we started hugging each other which was pretty much what happened last year.
I tell you, for this performance we were the most unprepared ever. We couldn't meet the deadlines and we had a serious lack of people. Everybody had to take on at least 2 roles if you weren't a director or the main characters. That is why I really want you all to join. You wouldn't want chinese drama to close down would you? Then I would be really sad. Really devastated. Really depressed.
All in all, I really LOVE CHINESE DRAMA! :D You guys rock my world!
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, May 21
8:50 PM