Competitions
I know i've not been updating lately, but I've been REALLY busy this week! So pardon me I guess...
We lost to SCGS for the debate. So sad right? The second speaker was really bitchy. She was agressive and asked too many rhetorical questions that by the time she got to her real content, I forgot what she was talking about. Never mind, I guess we'll have to work harder next time... I guess I got too influenced by them, I became somewhat emotional during my speech which according to my senior is bad as it influences my thinking. What RI, ACSI and SCGS do is to SOUND emotional, as in they are really passionate about their cause and are trying to convince the house, not BE emotional. Ok ok, I shall learn my lesson.
And I guess my rebuttals aren't good enough? And maybe we didn't communicate well enough? And we didn't elaborate on the link well enough?
Alright. Problems taken. Will try hard not to commit them next time.
This is probably my first real experience of losing. I mean, like in performing arts groups, when you go into a competition, you are not one-to-one. If you lose, at least you know they calculated the whole thing as in have scores for each and every performance and get the top ones. For this, however, once you lose to one team you get kicked out.
For Chinese Drama, we got into finals... I really hope we can get into top 3! After all our practices and hard work, it'll really be wasted if we don't. However, even if we don't, at least we got into finals. Jia You! Heard that Anglican is a really strong competitor though. They almost everytime get into top 3. Plus they sent in 2 teams, we only sent in one. Never mind, we shall do our best!
Saw Valerie during the competition... I almost forgot she was in chinese drama too! But she says Anglican High doesn't allow sec 1s and 2s to act... So strict! But I guess even if rgs chinese drama wanted to do so, we couldn't as we have a lack of members. I guess, sadly, chinese drama's going to close down when I am sec 4. Which brings me to the stupid core and merit system.
It's totally ironic. I really want to protest. How can they have this stupid core and merit system? I mean, how many sec 1s actually want to take on a second cca? Their first cca must be a CORE cca, which chinese drama isn't just because it isn't in SYF. What stupid message is the school trying to send out? You have ccas because you want to get more cca points? Whatever happened to do what you are interested in, what you excel in?
Stupid school. And people tend to think ELDS is better than chinese drama. Please. You all saw the stupid Alice in Wonderland, which was so damn lame. Ours is like much better loh. At least we can be heard.
Life is naturally unfair of course. But I shall protest once I have the time and once I have the opportunity.
EOIs are next week. Why ain't I studying and fretting? I am really getting slackier. I have this bad feeling for all my EOIs. Hui min is really a distracting influence. Haha... Ever since I sat beside her, I haven't been able to concentrate on every subject. qi4 si3 ren2 le. She keeps on going about how lovesick she is about Mie, and doing all those stupid stuff such as writing Mie's name inside a heart on her table. Ughh. Makes me wonder how she gets all those fabulous results when she doesn't really listen in class. She must be a miracle or something.
Kk. I updated! :D
0 flowers
0 Comments:
far and wee
you and i together mysteriously and always floating
Saturday, April 30
10:51 AM